IB
Posted By
ira_berger
Jul 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I want to change the canvas size the palette comes up in "percent." I always want inches. The program used to come up with whatever I used last which was inches. Is the a preference or something I can change so that I don’t have to always come up in percent? I use CS on a MAC with OS 10.4. Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AR
alan_ruta
Jul 29, 2006
Hi Ira,

Without any file open to to preferences/units and rulers and change the "Rulers" popup to whatever you prefer, the options are: pixels, inches, cm, mm, points, picas, percent.

If you make a change when no files are open and then quit photoshop the prerference wll be permanently changed. You may only need to change the preferences without quitting (no files open though). I’m not sure of that.

alan
P
Phosphor
Jul 31, 2006
REMOVE CANVAS — Similar question – in Elements 3.0 used with iPhoto ’06 using 10.3.9; all my photos suddenly open with a large canvas. I want NO canvas showing – how do I reset this to show NO CANVAS? Please help.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 31, 2006
I recommend you ask your question in the Elements forum.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections