BZ
Posted By
bRoTHeR zAchArY
Mar 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, just popped into the group to ask this question, but may stick around for a while…

I have Photoshop 7.0 installed on my PC, running Win2K. It quit working for no reason that I can determine. It _did_ work fine for almost 2 years.

What happens is that the program seems to load, the window opens as it initializes, and I see the usual messages about it loading its preferences, fonts and such, and then it just quits. No error messages. I uninstalled and reinstalled it (twice), and it acts the same way. I open up the task manager and I see it as a process, and then it goes away the same time the program crashes (or just doesn’t fully initialize). I have plenty of memory, setting the swap space from 1 GB-3 GB (once I set it from 0.5GB to 1GB, just to see… nothing changed). But then I don’t get _any_ error messages. I have also have it installed on my laptop, and never had any problems. Imageready still works, btw.

I am thinking this may be something really simple on my system that I am missing, can anyone help? I was reading the technical support documentation, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that you get one free service call, and then you have to start paying for it. True? I will, of course, just email or call them if no one can help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Z.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
Avery
Mar 22, 2006
On 21 Mar 2006 18:11:49 -0800, "bRoTHeR zAchArY" wrote:

Hi, just popped into the group to ask this question, but may stick around for a while…

I have Photoshop 7.0 installed on my PC, running Win2K. It quit working for no reason that I can determine. It _did_ work fine for almost 2 years.

What happens is that the program seems to load, the window opens as it initializes, and I see the usual messages about it loading its preferences, fonts and such, and then it just quits. No error messages. I uninstalled and reinstalled it (twice), and it acts the same way. I open up the task manager and I see it as a process, and then it goes away the same time the program crashes (or just doesn’t fully initialize). I have plenty of memory, setting the swap space from 1 GB-3 GB (once I set it from 0.5GB to 1GB, just to see… nothing changed). But then I don’t get _any_ error messages. I have also have it installed on my laptop, and never had any problems. Imageready still works, btw.

I am thinking this may be something really simple on my system that I am missing, can anyone help? I was reading the technical support documentation, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that you get one free service call, and then you have to start paying for it. True? I will, of course, just email or call them if no one can help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Z.

Try deleteing the preferences file.

Hold down control, alt & shift keys immediately after clicking the PS startup icon. Answer yes to the pop up.
BZ
bRoTHeR zAchArY
Mar 22, 2006
Avery wrote:

Z.

Hold down control, alt & shift keys immediately after clicking the PS startup icon. Answer yes to the pop up.

That WORKED! I bow down to your superior Kung-fu….
A
Avery
Mar 22, 2006
On 21 Mar 2006 19:04:09 -0800, "bRoTHeR zAchArY" wrote:

Avery wrote:

Z.

That WORKED! I bow down to your superior Kung-fu….

I learnt that on this group some months ago – hang around.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections