C
Posted By
crowellryan
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I p[osted this back in early July and the answers did not seem to help I am coming back withmore info. I am getting this exact message when trying to open most files.

"Could not complete your request because the cache file size exceeded the maximum allowed"

It seems to happen on files that have not yet been opened by PS (i.e. native digicam files from my Canon 10D) but at other times it won’t open other files as well. This seems to be related to this one computer as my other G4’s and a G3 will open the same files just fine. I have trashed the prefs (plist) and ran Cocktail to repair permissions and still the issue remains.

I am using a G4 Quicksilver with PS CS and 500mb RAM with four hard drives with abundant remaining space.

I run a lot of batches and also open individual files and it sees to happen on all types.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
linda
Aug 20, 2004
Ryan, Two things come to mind… You probably do need more RAM… and check your preferences to see what % of RAM PS is using. I set mine at 50% unless I’m working on very large documents. I keep a separate hard drive with a large partition for cache and I have 1.75GB of RAM. Sometimes I think I could use more.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections