Posted By
Wayne
Dec 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am having difficulty getting the proper color calibration for printing images from my laptop. I am using Photoshop v7 on a Sony Vaio K15 laptop which has X-Brite screen technology. What should I chose as settings when using the Adobe Gamma utility. I am presently printing with an HP 970 Cse inkjet printer. My images are much too red when printed, even though I make color adjustments in Photoshop.

Thanks,

Wayne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John John
Dec 18, 2005
The only real way to get your screen working is to buy a profiling device. Like Eye-One or Monaco Optix etc.

I’ve just profiled my new laptop and the difference in colors is astounding. Also, your printer needs profiling to make it a better match.

Search the web about ‘Color Management’ it’s the only way to bring your screen and printer under control. BUT remember a monitor can produce saturated colors a printer can’t and vice-versa.

G.

Wayne wrote:
Hi,

I am having difficulty getting the proper color calibration for printing images from my laptop. I am using Photoshop v7 on a Sony Vaio K15 laptop which has X-Brite screen technology. What should I chose as settings when using the Adobe Gamma utility. I am presently printing with an HP 970 Cse inkjet printer. My images are much too red when printed, even though I make color adjustments in Photoshop.
Thanks,

Wayne

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections