How to print directly to dvd using epson r200/300?????

G
Posted By
giannispass
Oct 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the Epson R200 printer and i would like to print directly at the dvd surface. But when i am trying to do this at Photoshop, the printer prints at the paper, not at the dvd surface.
How i can configure my printer, through Photoshop?
Thank you…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 21, 2005
what do you mean print at the DVD surface?

you cant use a bog standard printer to print on dvd’s, you need either a printer with pass thorugh, but i still woudlnt do this, or an actual CD/DVD printer.
M
Marcel
Oct 21, 2005
wrote in message
I have the Epson R200 printer and i would like to print directly at the
dvd surface.
But when i am trying to do this at Photoshop, the printer prints at the
paper, not at the dvd surface.
How i can configure my printer, through Photoshop?
Thank you…

Hi!
You have very little info…
I have an Epson Photo R 300.
However, ***you don’t do this on Photoshop***!
With the printer, I got a CD with software called "Print CD", which I use. Turn on the printer. Pull down the CD "Gizmo" which is inside the cover. Lengthen the paper tray reciver. You should have with the printer a long tray with space in the middle to receive the CD /DVD (special formula to be printed on, sort of cream). Open the "Print CD" program. You’ll be presented with a mock CD. Import a photo in "Jepg". Place it properly on the mock CD. Order "Print" then insert the tray to the arrow. The tray wil come and go, adjusting itself, then Voil
ND
Nick_Decker
Oct 21, 2005
giannispass,

I have an Epson r300, which prints on the CD/DVD surface. To my knowledge, there’s no way to do that from Photoshop; you must use the Epson PrintCD program which comes with the printer. Granted, the PrintCD program has its limitations, but it works for me.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 21, 2005
how does that work Nick? do you have a caddy?
ND
Nick_Decker
Oct 21, 2005
Yes, to print to CD you use a tray that holds the CD and feeds into the front of the printer. I’ll admit that I was skeptical before I tried it, but the quality is surprisingly good for text/logo graphics, etc. Not as good for continuous tone photos, but that may have as much to do with the quality of the coating on printable CDs as the capability of the printer. The feed mechanism can be a little finicky at times, but hey, we’re talking about a printer that sells for US$150 or less.
G
giannispass
Oct 21, 2005
When i create a project into Photoshop, after i export as .jpg format. When i open the jpg file, it is ok, very near to the photoshop file. But when i import this jpg file into Epson Print cd program, the picture is terrible. Very dark and the colors are not ok.
Why all this?
ND
Nick_Decker
Oct 21, 2005
I’m not sure, but it could be that the Epson PrintCD program is not color aware, like Photoshop is. How does the JPEG look when you print it onto your CD?
J
johnkissane3
Oct 21, 2005
Also, there are Image Adjustments in the background options that can adjust gamma, brightness and contrast etc. Basic but helpful sometimes. That is in the Epson Print program. HTH
L
LenHewitt
Oct 21, 2005
Set your Proof Colours to Monitor RGB and view proof colours – that is pretty much how it will look in your CD printing program
JD
Jason_Drabek
Oct 21, 2005
I have an Epson that does that too. To print on CDs you simply choose CD/DVD in the print dialog and it prints on it.

I think the quality is poor but I’m picky about quality. If you compare a Glossy photo label to a CD that’s been printed on, the difference is like night and day. When I print directly on to the CD-R’s (even with good quality ones) the colors look washed out pretty bad.

They have a much better printer for $50 at Staples. You can print on CDs and they look pretty close to professional quality.

When i open the jpg file, it is ok, very near to the photoshop file. But when i import this jpg file into Epson Print cd program, the picture is terrible. Very dark and the colors are not ok.

I get the opposite. They come out really dark from photoshop but when I try it from the Epson program they look washed out no matter what I do. AFAIK, the Adobe Gamma thing doesn’t work with LCD monitors and that’s what I have. :/

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections