D
Posted By
DanBase
Jul 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made a pattern in PS and want to use it as a surface in 3D app.

In patterns folder I dont see it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 17, 2004
Did you save it? Does it show up in the Presets Manager or when you go to Edit>Fill>Pattern? If so, save it.
L
Larryr544
Jul 18, 2004
They usually live here but they aren’t home today. Save everything…
D
DanBase
Jul 18, 2004
OK I said that all worng.

I downloaded a "texture" from

<http://www.zoorender.com/html/textures.htm>

to the PS textures folder. It a jpeg. Now I dont know how or where it could be used in PS. It seems like the terms textures and patterns are used interchangably in PS….I dont get it.
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Jul 18, 2004
Re-save the jpegs as psds. You can then load them in Texturizer.
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Jul 18, 2004
Or if you want to save it as a pattern, under the Edit menu, Define Pattern. Then, when you go to use the Pattern tool, it will be available along the tool option bar, in the drop down menu.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 18, 2004
In my Presets folder I have a folder called "Patterns". Inside that, there are a collection of the default Photoshop patterns as well as my saved patterns and these file-names all end in .pat.

The Patterns folder also contains another folder called "Adobe ImageReady Only" and contains a collection of patterns in Photoshop format (file names have the suffix .psd).

In the Presets folder, there is another folder called "Textures". It also contains a collection of patterns in Photoshop format.

You can use any of the .psd files to load a texture into Photoshop’s Texturizer filter;
[I have no idea why the ImageReady Only folder is necessary because any .psd texture file appears to work in both ImageReady and in Photoshop.]

You can use any of the .pat files to Fill a selection in Photoshop, to make custom brushes, or in Layer Effects; and the patterns are also displayed in pop-up palettes in the options bar for the Paint Bucket, Pattern Stamp, Healing Brush, and Patch tools.

As far as Dan’s Zoorender.jpg is concerned:
Open the JPEG in Photoshop; Save As a .psd in Presets/Textures and it will then be available to you in Texturizer etc..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections