J
Posted By
jckbco
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to change colors of shirts in photos for a catalog by using the Replace Color Command and have success with most colors, however I can’t seem to find any references to turning a color into black or white. When I use the color picker, and go all the way to black or white it dramatically shifts a red for instance to either Maroon or pinkish, but never all the way to black or white. Is it possible to do so?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 16, 2004
Use the Saturation and Lightness Sliders in the Replace Color dialog to get Black or White.
J
jckbco
Jul 16, 2004
Awesome! Thanks.

For you others trying this, the key word in Ann’s suggestion is the word AND. Just desaturating brings you to gray (when modifiying a red shirt, but then using the lightness control in conjuction it took me to white or black.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections