G
Posted By
G._Klafter
Dec 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received a gift of Photoshop Elements & Album, however the image is large. Message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Dec 25, 2003
When is this message displayed, during which operation? Please give us more details.

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 25, 2003
Ah, I just came back (now that I have a few moments) to ask the same question, Ray. Some context, such as the operation would be good.

Also, are you working with images from a digital camera? From scans?

If you’ll post some particulars about a sample image, someone can probably get you going real fast. Open your image, and then go to Image>Resize>Image Size and post the pixel dimensions, the document size, and the resolution. Then let us know what you want to do – get a 4 X 6 print? E-mail the image to someone?
I
Ingenia
Dec 28, 2003
Ray,

I received a gift of Photoshop Elements 2.0 & Album, however the image is large. Message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.

Error message is displayed at START UP..

G. Klafter
R
Ray
Dec 28, 2003
Of which of the softwares ?

Photoshop Elements 2.0 and Photoshop Album are two seperate softwares. Elements is for photo retouching, image creation. Album is for organizing pictures, cataloguing collections, designing albums.

Ray
I
Ingenia
Dec 29, 2003
Ray,

The problem is with ELEMENTS. Album is OK.
R
Ray
Dec 29, 2003
Sorry then, I can’t help… I’ve opened images bigger than yours (3072 x 2048) and I’ve never seen this problem before. Perhaps someone else on this board will help you.

Ray
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Just what do you mean by "the image is large"?
I
Ingenia
Dec 29, 2003
The image is approx 3X normal size and is displayed with resolution message at start up in ELEMENTS only. No problem with Album.
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 29, 2003
What is the message that is displayed on startup ? I wonder if it’s simply a 12 or 16 bit image that is put into 8 bit ( Hmmm ? ).

😕

Brent
I
Ingenia
Dec 30, 2003
As mentioned in G. Klafter post: RE: Elements 2.0. Album is OK.

Error message: Requires 1920 x 1200 resolution. My computer is now running at that resolution; WHAT’S UP? XP PRO operating system.
R
Ray
Dec 30, 2003
Ingenia,

You have one free tech support call with Adobe. If you can’t find the answer on this forum, perhaps
it would be a good idea to try to contact Adobe… ?

Ray
I
Ingenia
Dec 31, 2003
Thanks Ray, I wasn’t aware that Adobe was so KIND as to allow 1 call?

I am now awaiting a response to my e-mail from a live tech. They previously sent a bunch of non-helpful sites. Will post when and if I obtain a meaningful response.

I may just decide to return the product and continue with M/S PHOTODRAW. Less of a hassle.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR EVERYONE, with some PEACE thrown in.

THUMBS UP,

JERRY
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Ingenia,

I’m sorry to hear that (leaving for Photodraw), but.. to each his own software! I respect that. Should you change your mind, come over here again. We’ll be waiting 😉

Happy new year to you too!

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections