MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Check this out. Wait and watch for a minute or two before ‘click and drag’.

<http://ww12.e-tractions.com/snowglobe/globe.htm>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Butts
Dec 13, 2003
Very cute, Mark! Thanks.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 13, 2003
MARK,
I guess I shook it a bit to much… the poor kids! I’ll send this to a friend, it’s so cute. Thanks Mark!
Marty
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 13, 2003
Mark,

Its wonderful … like Marty I shook it too hard and the poor kids flew all over the place. Thanks for the link

Wendy
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 13, 2003
Funny, the people I showed it at first shake carefully and slowly they start to shake more and more vigourously…
😉

Leen
BJ
Barbara_J._Breault
Dec 13, 2003
Mark,

I am having trouble opening this link.It rolls on and on for ever and won’t finish.

BJB
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 13, 2003
Hi Mark…enjoyed your Christmas snow globe…will forward to some friends! Thank you!.

Now I saw you changed your picture on the Artist Site…so you are a cyclist! I googled my way to your meetings and activities…you must have a great time!

One of my close friend’s son in Tucson, Az. is into the racing end of it…he he’s in his 40’s and going strong. They seem to do "flat" (maybe that is whatever it’s called) and "mountain" or some other kind. I know that something about one of the types is seasonal because of snakes…in the desert I guess!

My daughter and I in car got involved in a race in N.C. near Blowing Rock…mercy! I thought we would never get past all of them, I was so afraid one could fall in the road and I would have no place to go! Part of this was very hilly, and part of the race was on the Blueridge Parkway. Mountains all around. Took us almost an hour to go a little over 15 miles.

I was so amazed at the men’s legs, they looked like they were "carved" (or PSE talk…over sharpened like). We saw one "tossing his cookies", another taking a "leak" along the side of the road! Certainly interesting to see the devotion and stress levels they endure. The end of this race was at the top of Grandfather Mt. which we went by and lost track of them. This race was a number of hours long. Endurance…wow!!!

That famous international group came right down a street near my house in S.C.. I took my Grandsons around the corner to watch them…but only a blur as they went by!

Anyway, it was fun to "research" your activities.! Have a great Holiday and New Year! Do
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 14, 2003
Do,

I do have a great time. I’ve had some of my most exciting and enjoyable experiences since I began cycling with organized groups. Including a week in the Loire Valley in France about a year ago. Of course, like anything, there are plenty of periods of misery involved with cycling. Being solidly into middle age, cycling keeps in abeyance the concepts that may accompany this stage in life. Most of us rode bicycles as children so we retreive some of our youth on a bicycle. Road bikes are becoming increasingly popular with 40+ folks in the Seattle area. Anti aging activity. I’m generally reluctant to exercise so cycling has really saved me from being a complete sloth. I do have a problem with photography on organized rides. I have my little digital elph with me and it is sometimes difficult to satisfy my photographic impulses and stay up with the group. It’s ‘pant, pant, pant…gotta catch up’.

It is interesting how my activities are now open to public view through google. Alot from my bike club activities and this forum and pbase. It doesn’t take much before your life becomes public. I was very involved with the club organization for a couple of years, but now I just ride with them. I definitely don’t race. I just enjoy the recreational aspect to cycling but I push myself to a level of fitness to do a lot of miles at a good clip. Also, a lot hills in the part of the world. They get you in shape.

The following image of mine is going to be entered into the Photo Exhibit at the NW Bike Expo this year (after a little more editing). Can you tell how Photoshop Elements helped me in this photo?
<http://www.pbase.com/image/24119875/large>
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 14, 2003
Mark,

Brightens up my day. Thanks.

Shan
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 14, 2003
Mark,

Did the dog loose his eye in a bike wreck??

Nancy
BJ
Barbara_J._Breault
Dec 14, 2003
Mark,

Finally received your Snow Globe. Just great/ So much movement. Barb (BJB)
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
That is a great stress reducer !!! Thanks Mark !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Geeze, am I the only one around today ?? ;( It’s storming outside and I need company. Where is everybody ?

Hey Ray, when are you going to open that flake gallery ? I wanted to show you a flake or two.
R
Ray
Dec 14, 2003
Post me your flakes (all of you), include your name (full, half, short, nickname, any IDs that’ll make your flake distinct from any other), and I’ll create a special gallery for them. No problem, that’ll be fun !

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Cool ! OK, I got to go get them together ! Thanks Ray !
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 14, 2003
Nancy,

The dog didn’t lose his eye. I don’t know what he was doing when I took the photo. He just has the ability to close his left eye independently. I thought about Photoshoping a better eye for him but decided to leave it as it is.

Hi Jodi,

I’m here, but not for long. Some rare sunshine here today. Gotta get outside. IS it a snow storm where you are?
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 14, 2003
Mark,

Oh good, I’m relieved about his eye…I have a real soft spot for animals Mark.

Nancy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Mark, upper state NY ! Freekin’ snow !!!!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 14, 2003
Jodi

Here to and I am feeling to warm and cozy to go out into it and take photographs

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Watch out for shrinkage !
DB
Do_Brinkmann
Dec 14, 2003
Hi Mark…About the dog and elements…I guess you put a helmet on the dog??? You will have to tell us later. Do
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 14, 2003
Yes, the helmet was added. When the owner saw that picture, confusing imagination with reality, she began a search for a helmet for her doggie. She couldn’t find one but the last I heard, she is trying to make one. Will he wear it? The photo has been sent out and published in our bike club newsletter and I’m sure there are many who think it is real. Isn’t it cruel what we do to others with our ps skills. A friend of mine who showed it to his high tech job collegues, only one out of about six knew it was a fake. He, he…I love it. When I exhibit it at the Bike Expo I am required to put it in the category ‘creative’ instead of ‘comedy’. I’d much rather fool people. I’m cruel.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 14, 2003
shrinkage…ya just gotta love that one!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
Nancy,,,ya, I don’t know how they walk around with those things .
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 15, 2003
Jodi,

🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections