Posted By
fred_alach
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 on Windows XP. I am new to this program and have been exploring the tutorials. The first time I tried the greeting card tutorial I was able to do the gradient fade in a solid color to white as shown in the tutorial. Ever since then, every time I try this it selects and applies the gradient that appears in the small opening at the top left corner of Elements. No matter what I do I can’t seem to complete the basic fade as shown in this simple tutorial. Help!
Fredsel

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 9, 2003
Fredsel,

"Ever since then, every time I try this it selects and applies the gradient that appears in the small opening at the top left corner of Elements."

I’m not understanding entirely what you are saying. Do you mean that whenever you create a new image and click on the gradient tool that the gradient is created automatically? Or do you mean that the gradient tool draws the same color? Or……

If you want to change the gradient, you need to click on the little drop down arrow next to the gradient sample on the options bar.

Also, don’t forget that the gradient tool is using the color in your color chip at the bottom of the tool panel, that color will stay the way you set it until changed.

Dick
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 9, 2003
Fredsel,

First open you image and then press "D" … that will reset your background and foreground colours to black and white. Then click on the gradient that appears in the small opening at the top left corner of Elements you can then change your gradient to a suitable one.

Hope this helps
Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections