Photoshop CS3 / CS4 showing same preview of all pallets for color, gradient, sahpes etc

FZ
Posted By
fahad_zubairi
Mar 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I previously used to work on a x86 xp with version cs2 of photoshop and never had any problems. Recently upgraded to x64 xp and installed cs3 trial.

The abnormal behavior is when ever u want to style a layer or want to select any preset gradient, shape whatever, the pallets that hold the previews have same thumbnail preview for all the items in the category. For example in the default gradient pallet the 1st item u see is the one that goes from white to black. That gradient preview thumbnail is repeated on all the items in the pallet. when I click anyone, the preview of that particular item changes to random gradient, same for shape / color etc.

So i installed Cs4 trial which i thought had better support for 64bti system but same happens on that aswell.
Also while editing text it causes the text to deform into weird shape sometimes.

I havent tried installing cs2 back to see what happens cause i wanted to upgrade to cs3 or above.

Can someone help me out with this??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BC
Bart_Cross
Mar 4, 2009
First off, reset your preferences to see if that solves the problem.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 4, 2009
Then update your video card drivers…
FF
fahad.fatality
Mar 5, 2009
I have the latest dirvers for my graphic card MSI Radeon 3850. and I have also tried reseting the preferences, But it did`nt work 🙁

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections