JF
Posted By
Jeff_Fry
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a rollover that has 3 "onmouse…" states: over, down, up. The over & down states work correcly, but the up state doesn’t. More detail…

Over – rollover changes text color & background, plus adds remove rollover text. Down – brings up a remote rollover "pop-up."
Up – SHOULD remove the "pop-up" from display, but doesn’t.

Only thing that gets rid of the "pop-up" is to move off of the slice ("onmouseout"), which returns EVERYTHING back to its "normal" state.

I’ve noticed that ImageReady seems to add an "onmouseup" state for everything, even when you do not specifically add this state to your rollovers. Could this be causing a problem or conflict? Any ideas?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jeff_Fry
Jun 7, 2005
Solved my own problem(s). I just needed to drag the "slice visibility icon" onto the pop-up slice, to link it to the "onmouseup" state, to enable its "not visible" state. Doh! 🙂

Found a need to add an "onmousemove" state, because moving the mouse horizontally beyond the "target slice" (the "hot button link" for the rollover) would cause the pop-up to remain visible, even if "onmouseup" state was active. This I solved in the html file created by ImageReady, by manually adding the "onmousemove" state, which merely duplicates the "onmouseup" state. JavaScript & html knowledge comes in handy, even when working with "visual" html tools. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections