WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A good tutorial for stained glass is < http://teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/techniques/stai ned_glass/stained_glass.php>

I used the techniques from this to do my entry in challenge 42.

You do need a steady hand to draw round the bits and drawing all the lines does take quite a while. One tip is to use two separate layers for each item … one for the lines and the other for the colour, turning off layers when you are not using them to work on. The layers I used in the challenge entry were:

2 for the Bell
2 for the book
2 for the window background
2 for the window frame
1 for the stone window surround (not stained glass)

Wally, now you can get on with making your Christmas Cards … I am in the process of doing mine …. 🙂

If you have any problems just let me know.

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 27, 2003
Hi Wendy, Thank you for that tutorial, I have bookmarked, it as I am way to tired to even attempt it tonight.
This would look good on a Christmas card. I did make one fairly good card when the bird was cooking earlier today.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 28, 2003
Hi Jane,

I am hopeless … if I put a bird in the oven and then started to play with Elements well I guess we would be having burnt bird!!. Once I get in front of the screen I just cannot stop …. today I was doing some Christmas baking and had to dash to the kitchen when the smell finally drifted into the study (just got there in time 🙂 ). At least this year I am well organised and most of the work is already done …. well except for my Elements Christmas Cards.

Hope the bird was perfect

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 28, 2003
Hi Wendy, It did turn out rather good, and all the other stuff too. We all ate too much, except for our 3 year old grandson, he had a pack of M+Ms that he conned out of his father before dinner, so he didn’t eat too much, but he will get a snack later.
Even the dogs had a few bits of turkey sprinkled on top of their dinners.

One of my kids found a box of my mother’s family pictures at my brother’s house and I can’t wait to look thru it tomorrow, and will use some for the photo-restoration class that I am taking. We thought that box had long gone! With this and the stained glass, I will get a chance to use my Graphire 2 tomorrow.
Jane
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 28, 2003
Thank you, Wendy. I’m excited about this.

I cooked my turkey and put it in the refrigerator cause we were going to neighbor’s for dinner and they didn’t want my turkey, too. lol
So we’ll have it tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great day.

Thanks, again. Shades of the fire tutorial?

Lorace
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 28, 2003
Hi Lorace and Wendy, I haven’t finished the fire tutorial yet, it is still sitting on the desktop looking at me. I think that there is a lesson coming up in my class that will be similar, so I will wait for that. Then I will understand better.
There is so much we can do with PSE that I sometimes just get too much in my "Projects" folder. I get carried away with some, and spend hours on just one method. Glad it’s winter,,,,,,,
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 28, 2003
Lorace & Jane,

Hope you like the tutorial … its not as complex as the fire one but it does take a fair amount of patience, plus because you have to switch layers all the time it is soooo easy to work on the wrong layer … 🙁 That makes a mess … it can be a big mess :).

Let me know how you both go on

Wendy
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 29, 2003
I am learning sooooo much, just been using PSE since last Feb, actually March as got PSE for my birthday in late Feb.
This is the most wonderful program I have ever used! But the steepest learning curve,,,,, It will take me some time to perfect and learn some of the more complex tutorials, but I will keep trying!
All these great tutorials you post I will eventually learn. I have saved all the steps. Thanks, Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 29, 2003
Jane,

Now that winter is approaching New England, you’ll probably have more housebound time to explore the program! I grew up near there in Concord.

Nancy

edit—way to go Jane, putting up a Challenge!! (was it that you needed my itsy bitsy push?) 🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 29, 2003
Hi Nancy, New England is indeed heading into winter, and I will have lots of computer time. We lived in Lincoln for a while, loved the area.

Just looking at the new challenge, St. John is one of my husband’s and my favourite islands! Was going to put our yellow lab on the beach, but P.J. White beat me to it.

Wind gusting to 40 and rising, so off goes the computer,,,,, till tomorrow,
Jane
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 29, 2003
Lincoln, Concord, that brings back good memories.
Two years ago I’ve covered a wedding on a farm near Meredith at Lake Winnepesauky (spelling OK?) and it really is a lovely area. Some day I will be coming back.

Leen
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 29, 2003
Leen,

I spent my summers on beautiful Lake Winnepesaukee (sp?) in New Hampshire as a child. Great how the trees go right to the water’s edge. My Dad was a real boater person so we all were good waterskiiers/swimmers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections