PA
Posted By
Paul_Atkins
May 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run some older RIPing software that is happy with jpegs from Photoshop 5 and 6, however jpegs from 7 and CS cause it to fail.

I set about testing the issue, the RIP reports that there is a proble with "RAW image size", I saved the same image with all applications, with all thumbnail and meta data prefs both on and off, also with and without embedded profiles, and those from 7 and CS always fail where those from 5 and 6 pass.

Tiffs from all versions, with all prefs on and off, pass.

Is there something I am missing in my saving preferences? Or has Adobe or JPEG group changed the encoding? Unfortunately we need the RIP software but it is no longer supported.

Thanks for your consideration.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SW
Scott_Weichert
May 31, 2004
I think EXIF data canbe stored in a jpg from 7 and CS that might be the issue. There’s a preference to turn it off I believe.
RG
Rene_Garneau
May 31, 2004
If you use "Save for Web" (instead of "Save As") it will delete EXIF data, etc.
PA
Paul_Atkins
Jun 18, 2004
Thankyou Scott and Rene.

Save for web did work, however changing the preferences to leave off exif and meta data failed. I also tried ImageReady CS as I wanted to use it’s conditionals and it also failed.

Sorry the reply was slow, I have been buried in other problems,

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections