JF
Posted By
Jodi_Frye
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For those who were asking about this not too long ago.

< http://www.graficalicus.com/tutorials/photoshop/PicturePacka ge.htm>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
graficalicus
Nov 19, 2003
beat me to it!

thanks for the linkage!

<mike>
http://digiart.graficalicus.com
November challenge: "transportation"
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 19, 2003
ya, you are welcome. I appreciate your hard work 😉
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 19, 2003
Oh, while i got you here…you have a tut somewhere for creating those ‘special effect’ brushes like the ones in PS 7? I’ve been putting it on hold for a while now. I know how to make brushes….regular brushes but I like those ones that pop out images/paint all over with one click. Like i said, I figured I get to it sooner or later but seems I’m on the ‘later’ end of the pole…I need a push ! Thanks !
G
grafical
Nov 20, 2003
try this tutorial:

http://www.graficalicus.com/tutorials/CreatingBrushes/PhotoS hop_brush.htm

Should work in PSE the same way – – let me know if it doesn’t

enjoy!

<mike>
http://digiart.graficalicus.com/index.php
November challenge: ‘transportation"
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 20, 2003
mike – Creating brush tip shapes works pretty much this way in Elements – what I think Jodi was talking about is creating brushes which have the fancy brush dynamics saved with them – Elements can use these features if some nice person puts them in for us and saves them with the brush – but we can’t create them. Unfortunately most people who create brushes with PS7 concentrate on saving the brush shapes and don’t think about the dynamics (how they work with tip sensitivity, fancy colour jitter etc.) I guesss they assume that people using them can set these up for themselves – but Elements users can’t!
Suan S.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 20, 2003
Susan S

There is one set that works with PE2 that has the brush dynamics saved with them on the Adobe Exchange. They are labled pen and ink by Schneich. They say photoshop 7 only… but work in PE2. At least I think this is what you mean by brush dynamics, they work like the special effects brushes prepackaged with elements. I thought I’d pass that along to you since you were mooning.

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 20, 2003
Cheers Terri – that’s exactly the sort of thing that I’m thinking of – I’d missed those. I haven’t had a browse around the exchange for a while.

Susan S.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 20, 2003
Susan- Sad to say I think it may be the only set like that on the exchange.

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 20, 2003
I’m still looking for it Terri! But I’ve found some cool custom shapes so far (some nice borders)…still searching for the brushes!
Susan S.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 20, 2003
Susan…gave wrong name. Look on page 17 for Ps7 art and gen art brushes by schoneich…I must have saved them under my own save name. Sorry for the misinformation.

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 20, 2003
Thanks – I’ll go and look. I’ve found some interesting brushes with dynamics (some I already had but forgotten) plus an interesting tutorials on how to use the PS7 dynamics for creating hair brushes at creativemac.com (I’d be more precise with the URL but something about the site is crashing my browser!)

Susan S
Edit – got them now, thanks!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 20, 2003
yes I know how to make those basic brushes. It’s the special effect brushes i’m interested in…the ones that use foreground and background colors…the ones that basically shoot out many different size pixels in one click. I had seen the tutorial months ago but the dumb@$$ that I am I forgot to bookmark it. I’m sure I can find it again though. I’ve just been doing too many different things lately and haven’t slowed my butt down to put 100% focus on one thing. C’est la vie !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 20, 2003
OK, I got it. Fiddled around and figured it out. It was all in the brush dinamics…duh.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 20, 2003
Susan- I have been scaling down the number of pixils on some of them because some of them are so huge.

Jodi- Are you actually planning to make a brush set or two like these?

Terri
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 20, 2003
Terri,already started 🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 20, 2003
Jodi

Fantastic!!! Glad Susan brought the dynamic brushes up. Thanks for all your efforts…it’s really nice of you to make things for those of us who only have the Elements 1 and 2 software.

Terri
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 21, 2003
Terri, The certain type brushes I’m creating at the moment are the special effects brushes and will only be able to work in PE2….if I’m lucky. Beth is my tester so she’ll be getting them first. Beth, hope it’s OK that i nominated you…I guess I’m assuming that’s OK since you’ve done such a great job in the past 😉 If not just send them back with a nasty note attached 🙂
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 21, 2003
I’m always up for testing! 🙂

I don’t have anything yet, though. Is that right? I’m closing down for the day, so I’ll check my mailbox bright and early tomorrow.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 21, 2003
Beth, goodmorning. No I haven’t sent them yet. Seems I need more time 😉 Wasn’t home much today and i have some things to do tomorrow and oh geeze, the challenge…must work on that ! It will probably be early next week. Thank You !
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 22, 2003
Susan S-

Two new sets of brushes with brush dynamics are on the Exchange. The only difference in the sets is one spreads a single color while other one is multicolored. They are pretty similar to special effects packaged with PE2 but have a couple of snow flake patterns that might come in handy with Christmas approaching. They are located on first page of new downloads…named Scatterelle by Lisa Tam. I thought I’d let you know since you were interested in dynamic brushes.

Terri

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections