Adobe PHOTOSHOP certified expert question .

JL
Posted By
jann_lipka
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After passing certification exam I´m very dissapointed with poor documentation from Adobes side about what potential advantages of using such a certified person as a consultant / contractor .

I cannot find any of Adobes web pages about what Photohsop certfication is .

Only some very LAME "ANY " Adobe product cert. info is available on web . ( mostly tools for selling an exam to potential "experts" , and none for explaining what it is for customers to those experts )

Is there some reason for this ?

Or am I missing some pages that would state what a person with ACE PHOTOSHOP exam is certified to be capable of ?

Adobes approach to "certification" seems very amateurish compared how important it looks to be for microsoft .

regards

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 18, 2004
Lame certification for a lame industry.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 18, 2004
You might find the "Certification" helpful if you are applying for a Teaching position but I don’t think that any other employer in this industry will be in the least impressed!

You probably wasted your cash, and your effort, but I am sure it is good for your ego and perhaps you could buy a relevant Vanity Plate for your car?!
P
progress
May 18, 2004
one hopes you learnt something along the way…but ACE is probably less useful than knowing how to stand on your head in the industry…your folio is king.
NY
Ned_Yeung
Jun 10, 2004
I’m sorry to hear that, guys. I’ve also done the ACE exam for Adobe Photoshop CS, and now am not even able to log on at Adobe’s site to download my logo or any promotional material. There is no acknowledgement of me on Adobe’s part, no place to email about this, and I can’t get anybody on the toll-free number.

Has anybody else had this problem with the Photoshop CS ACE exam?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 10, 2004
I don’t believe in taking test, just making them.
P
progress
Jun 10, 2004
How many Adobe PS staff have Ace’s?
RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 10, 2004
WHile we’re at it, how many people here have ACEs?
P
progress
Jun 11, 2004
And while we’re at it, how many care about ACE’s when hiring/commisioning?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 11, 2004
I’m a boneified, certified ACE.

in what, I’m not sure.
NY
Ned_Yeung
Jun 11, 2004
The www.adobe.com/support/certification/ page says: "Or if you are an employer, learn how staff members who are Adobe certified can strengthen and grow your business."

The original post by Jann Lipka said: "I´m very dissapointed with poor documentation from Adobes side about what potential advantages of using such a certified person as a consultant / contractor .

I cannot find any of Adobes web pages about what Photohsop certfication is."

Jann is right. There is no real links to direct clients to that really describes and toutes the value of Adobe Certification. They’re shooting both themselves and us "certified experts" in the feet.

Ned Yeung, Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 11, 2004
Mike Ornellas

Inventor of reality.
P
progress
Jun 11, 2004
whose?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 11, 2004
yours
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Jun 11, 2004
"All you have to do is place little tiny ads in millions of newspapers and watch the money role in! I did this operating out of my little tiny apartment and I’m here to help you do the same thing!"

Now there’s reality!
L
Larryr544
Jun 12, 2004
I once was playing poker and drew to an ACE.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections