JE
Posted By
James_Earl_Jones
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody have an opinion on this teaching tool? Is it something worth purchasing?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
May 13, 2004
Yes!

Same goes for the series of CD-ROMs by Julieanne Kost, available from <http://www.software-cinema.com/> .

[EDITED link]
JE
James_Earl_Jones
May 13, 2004
I have bought the photoshop cs classroom in a book and cs for dummies. It just isn’t answering my questions. I am very new to the whole digital darkroom…to be honest the last time I used PS was about 3yrs ago. I took a PS course in college when PS 6 was still new. I am having a hell of a time.
R
Ram
May 13, 2004
JEJ,

Then the easiest introduction for you, in my opinion, will be the Julieanne Kost series from <http://www.software-cinema.com/> . Just sit back and watch all those easy to follow, hands-on QuickTime movies.

When you’re done with them, you’ll be able to sell them on eBay for at least half of what you’ll pay for them, with any luck even a little more.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 13, 2004
I’ve seen an user rave about it today at PST… He said if you can afford it and have short time on your hads, go for it!
WG
Welles_Goodrich
May 13, 2004
I purchased the first DVD set that Total Training produced (PS6 maybe) and it was worth every penny. At the time, I had been using Photoshop for a couple of years, learning primarily from books and experimentation. As a result I had a fairly good contextual basis for the great amount of knowledge that was imparted by the training series. I sat down and watched the whole series, worked with Photoshop for a month, watched it again, worked with Photoshop for another month, watched it again etc. for five complete viewings. In my estimation I could have had no better training as I went (by my own judgement) from an advanced beginner to nearly a journeyman status inside of six months. I could have spent years more with just books and not have progressed as far.
JE
James_Earl_Jones
May 13, 2004
How do I get my images at 100%. Everytime I try to pull an image up to work on, it always comes in at 33.33%. Also if I am trying to get an image to print out at an 8 x 10, how do I do this and get good resolution. I have tried this in the past and it gives me 72 ppi…when I try to increase the resolution and then try to print the image is to big.
NK
Neil_Keller
May 13, 2004
Change the resolution without resampling.

Neil
WG
Welles_Goodrich
May 13, 2004
Everytime I try to pull an image up to work on, it always comes in at 33.33%.

In all probability that’s because the image is bigger than the screen real estate. Double click on the Zoom tool and you image goes to 100%
JE
James_Earl_Jones
May 13, 2004
Hmmmmmmmm! I think I have tried it w/o resampling and got the same result. I will have to try that again. Thanks for the tips!
R
Ram
May 13, 2004
JEJ,

You may find it helpful to read this thread in its entirety:

Ramón G Castañeda "Photoshop Picture Packages" 2/25/04 1:52pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
R
Ram
May 13, 2004
And of course the picture is big! If it weren’t, that is if it fit on your screen at 100%, it wouldn’t be worth printing, much less at 8 x 10.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections