CC
Posted By
Carlos_Castillo
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a profile for my Epson Stylus Photo R300 using Epson 4 x 6 Premium Glossy Photo Paper made through Chromix. I placed the profile in Library/ColorSync/Profiles/epsonr300printer.icc. When I attempt to print and select Print Space Profile:, my profile does not appear. There are many others to choose from but not mine. Is it suppose to be there appear? Any help would be appreciated. PScs, 10.2.8 Thank you.
Carlos

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Carlos,

If you put the profile into Macintosh HD > Library > ColorSync > Profiles >, then you should be able to see the profile when you select “Print With Preview” from the File menu or use the pertinent command (Option Command P). The profile appears under Print > Show More Options [box MUST be checked] > Color Management > Print Space > Profile > Drop Down Menu > (Your Profile).

If it doesn’t show up there, make sure you in fact put it in the right place (as per above path: Macintosh HD > Library > ColorSync > Profiles >), then log out and back in again.

Check back here if this doesn’t solve your problem (it should).
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Trashing Preferences and relaunching Photoshop afterwards might also help.
CC
Carlos_Castillo
May 10, 2004
Where is the PS Preference file located? I tried Find and PS help, no luck. Carlos
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
This is from the Help files –>

To restore all preferences to their default settings:

Do one of the following:

* Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

* In Mac OS, open the Preferences folder in the System Folder (Mac OS 9.x) or Library folder (Mac OS X), and drag the Adobe Photoshop
7.0 Settings folder to the Trash.

New Preferences files will be created the next time you start Photoshop or ImageReady.

Has your profile ever worked? Or is this one you have just created?
CC
Carlos_Castillo
May 10, 2004
Ramon Thank you for taking time to help me. In OS X 10.2.8 when I open Library/Preferences/ there are about 15 odd looking files and one Folder called DirectoryService but there is no PS preference file. I have recently received by printer profile. This is the firs time I am using it.
Carlos
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Carlos,

That sounds odd. I’m on Panther 10.3.3, and when I look at Macintosh > Library , I see no files but 35 folders. If I look at [myusername] > Library, again I see no files but 31 folders. In each case there’s one folder named preferences.

I remember very little about Cheetah and Jaguar, because I hated those releases so much (through 10.2.1) that I had reverted to Mac OS 9.2.2 until 10.3.3 came along. Still, the fact that you see no folders at all sounds odd.

Have you tried logging in as a different user (new account)? If the problem clears up this way, then you have some corruption in your account.

Are you logged in as the administrator?
CC
Carlos_Castillo
May 10, 2004
So when I go to Users/(myname)/Library/Preferences/ there is the PScs preference file. Unfortunately, I still don’t see my printer profile in the Print Space Profile:.
Carlos
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Carlos,

Well, maybe I’m not reading you correctly, but you wouldn’t find your profile file in the Photoshop preference folder (you write) :

“So when I go to Users/(myname)/Library/Preferences/ there is the PScs preference file.”

Try this: put the profile you received inside Macintosh HD > Library > ColorSync > Profiles > (not your user Library but the HD main library).

Then Repair Permissions (by means of Disk Utility). Log out, then back in. If you still don’t see it, then create a new account and log in under a new name.

Also, do a Get Info on the profile file itself, just to make sure it’s not just a damaged file smaller than, say, 100KB.

Another thought: Have you run DiskWarrior (if you have it)?
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Carlos,

I’m assuming of course that you have already added your printer to the Print Center, though I doubt that would prevent you from seeing your profile on the pop up menu after Print Space in Print with Preview.
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
One more important thing:

Look very carefully at the list of profiles, because it may not be where you expect it to be alphabetically. The profile itself has an embedded name that can be different from the file’s name as you see it in the Finder.

Sorry for not thinking about this before.
ST
Scott T Martin
May 10, 2004
Ramon makes a good point, the internal name might be different from the file name. In OS X you can rename this internal name – just double click on the profile to open it in the ColorSync utility. Scroll down and select "Localized Description Strings" and rename it to whatever you like.

Something like "Carlos’ R300 Premium Glossy.icc" would make more sense than "epsonr300printer"

I prefer to put profiles in Library>ApplicationSupport>Adobe>Color>Profiles>Recommended as they will show up at the top of the list if they are placed here.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 10, 2004
I highly doubt that Chromix would have the internal name and the external name different. This would be against Steves religion.

Are you sure the advanced color settings check box is selected in the color settings dialog?
R
Ram
May 10, 2004
Mike,

Carlos says he sees a bunch of other profiles, just not the one he needs, so he has to have the advanced settings box checked.

There are more sinners than religions, though. 🙂
CC
Carlos_Castillo
May 10, 2004
Thank you Scott. I did not mention I had rename the file. Using ColorSync Utility, I discovered the profile name to be CC RBG Printer 43004 which is listed on the Profile list. I made my first Color Management Print and it looks great. I spent money on Colorvision Optical, a new 2nd monitor 19′ LacCieIV, printer Epson R300 (to print CD/DVD), Color Management by Fraser, endless online resources, and Chromix services and the results are excellent. I am now a believer in Color Management. Hey this stuff really works! Thank you all.
Carlos
ST
Scott T Martin
May 10, 2004

[clap clap clap] !

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections