CA
Posted By
Cool As Blu
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Should they all be using the same colour space ? I have a Digital Rebel which can use Adobe 1998 Colour space. Should I apply the same colour space to my printer etc ?

Regards,

Cool As Blu

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Matti Haveri
Dec 3, 2003
In article ,
"Cool As Blu" wrote:

Should they all be using the same colour space ? I have a Digital Rebel which can use Adobe 1998 Colour space. Should I apply the same colour space to my printer etc ?

AFAIK an amateur should (please correct me if I’m wrong):

-Set the monitor to at least thousands of colors (16 bit) with gray background, and calibrate it with gamma 2.2 and white point 6500
ML
Mike Latondresse
Dec 5, 2003
"Cool As Blu" wrote in
news::

You are shooting raw naturally so set the camera as aRGB, but this only comes into play after you download into your raw converter as the camera does nothing to raw but record the settings in the EXIF. The converter (Canon File Viewer, Capture1, etc,) will do the aRGB conversion and whatever else you have set or want, and save this file to .tif (or jpg). When you open this in PS it will be aRGB and you can do whatever else you need to (the raw is untouched by the way). From PS if you have have a printer profile just let PS do color management, otherwise PS will convert it to sRGB as that is what your printer uses (most likely unless it is a hell of a good printer).
CA
Cool As Blu
Dec 6, 2003

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message
"Cool As Blu" wrote in

You are shooting raw naturally so set the camera as aRGB, but this only comes into play after you download into your raw converter as the camera does nothing to raw but record the settings in the EXIF. The converter (Canon File Viewer, Capture1, etc,) will do the aRGB conversion and whatever else you have set or want, and save this file to .tif (or jpg). When you open this in PS it will be aRGB and you can do whatever else you need to (the raw is untouched by the way). From PS if you have have a printer profile just let PS do color management, otherwise PS will convert it to sRGB as that is what your printer uses (most likely unless it is a hell of a good printer).

Thanks Mike. I have an Epson 2100 which does have its own profiles but I have assigned adobe1998 to it. Find the colours more muted… is that adobe1998?

Regards,

Cool As Blu
ML
Mike Latondresse
Dec 6, 2003
"Cool As Blu" wrote in

I would expect that is the case so just use your Epson profile and let PS do the color management. Make sure that your printer driver is not color managing but you do need to identify what paper you are using and the print quality you want as that controls the ink flow which is a printer issue.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections