Color Repair of a print made from a negative which received a "non image forming exposure"

KR
Posted By
Kenny_R_Runner
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
System-win xp pro. computer-IBM clone pentium lll 600MHz w/196 RAM Photoshop-ver 7.0.1 Printer- Epson Stylus Photo 1280
Kenny R Runner
I have a modest level of knowledge with computers and Photoshop . The file I was asked to repair has OK colors at the right & left edges but the main subject(two people)are somewhat "obscured" by what I belive to be a "non image forming exposure" which , I understand , is NOT ordinary FOG (which normally would wipe out the image) but instead is "mechanical flare" which, in one case, could be light bouncing off a scratch or nick inside lens barrel. Another case, I might guess, could be a small light leak in the film cassette.
At any rate I don’t think this is just a case of using levels or curves to adjust the color "balence" but instead it seems to need a "repair" if that makes any sense. I sure the answer is out there ! Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
barry_gray
Feb 28, 2004
You could try duplicating the layer 1 or more times, setting each layer blend mode to multiply. If that brings out the missing info then it’s a matter of masking out the areas that or OK in the original.
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Feb 28, 2004
Image >Apply Image.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections