JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Oct 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just set up my Graphire 2, it is nice! Will take a bit of practise though. 2 questions; first, are you supposed to leave the clear plastic sheet over it at all times, just when you are tracing something, or always?

second; I have it hooked up into my USB hub, but I like my old favourite mouse better, just leave them both on?
The little light that you can see thru the top of the tablet is on all the time, or just when you are using it, mine is on all the time.
I think this will be wonderful when I am using the brushes and tracing along a line! Thanks, Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 23, 2003
Jane

1) I often use a piece of paper over the plastic to simulate the feel of real drawing. Different paper different feel.

2) I use my mouse most of the time and the tablet only for art but both are on and usable in at the same time. Just don’t lay you stylus on the tablet and wonder why your mouse behaves wonky 😉

3) My tablet’s light is on all the time it is powered on.

g.
KW
Kyle_White
Oct 23, 2003
Jane,

What Grant said, except I have a Logitech Marble Mouse (trackball) and also use the Wacom mouse that came with the tablet as well as the stylus.

I think the light went off once, when I had a glitch with the Wacom driver (early on). I think the light means "Ready".

Kyle
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 23, 2003
Thank you! I will just leave the plastic on when it is idle to keep the dust off it, and use paper when drawing if needed.
Then I can leave the mouse over on the end of the table, as I prefer my old mouse. I know my Boston daughter and son-in-law will love the new mouse better.
And everything all works when I leave everything plugged it to the USB hub. Maybe thats why our cat just loves to come in here, all the lovely messes of wires to play with! I am very glad that he is not a kitten any more! I can’t wait to start a drawing project tomorrow.
Jane
DH
Dave Hamer
Oct 24, 2003
Jane

The light on the tablet should always be on indicating that it is connected and ready for use.

I leave the plastic overlay on all the time.

I simply put the stylus up and the included mouse up when I am going to use my other mouse. I use the other mouse right on top of the graphire surface. As long as you don’t have the mouse and the stylus close, they don’t interfere with each other.

I like my tablet.

Dave
D
dlaz
Oct 25, 2003
hellpp….i just bought a jamstudio graphic tablet.I`ve installed it with the software from the tablet cd. But i dont know how to use it in photoshop…Do i have to download something 1st? Where to set it in photoshop?heellp…..
thx.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections