o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

Requesting assistance on thread about video card driver on Windows platform

Andrew E Livingstone, "PSE 3.0 Custom Slide Show Problem" #, 29 May 2005 7:07 am </cgi-bin/webx?13>

is a thread where the poster asked a question about an Elements 3 Custom Slideshow so I know that many of you will not be reading that thread. However, there is now a question about a video card driver for Windows with DirectX9.0c and I request assistance with that part of the question.

Based on my personal experience with Elements 3 and my experience working with another poster on the forum, I suspect that the original thread submitter needs to update his video card driver. He has a nvidia card and has looked at their web site, but has some questions. Here is a paste from the original thread.

video card is an 64nVidia GeForce2 MX. The main driver is a nv4_disp.dll,v.5.13.0001.1520, dated 8/31/2001. I visited the nVidia site and found a current driver for Windows XP, as well as another driver for Photoshop under the Adobe section. I don’t know if this Photoshop driver is specific to the Photoshop line or if it is okay for the Elements line as well. It is a huge file: 20.6 Mb, so I don’t want to download it until I’m sure it will be of help.(I’m on a dial-up service) Any thoughts?

Thanks for your assistance.

Barb O

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 31, 2005
My only [not very helpful] comment is that it is well known that PS in its various forms does tend to tax video cards. This may explain where there’s a special PS version from nVidia. I’d certainly give that a try. It is commonly necessary to turn down [or off] video acceleration for PS/PSE to work properly.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections