R
Posted By
randall
Jun 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I made this a separate post because it’s specific to one model/brand of graphics tablet.

Basically, when looking to buy a used Graphire, what are the difference between the Graphire, the Graphire2, and the Graphire3? I’m sure a 2 would be fine for my needs as a dabbler, but what about the original? What was improved on it that’s so lacking?

Thanks!

Kristen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
Hecate
Jun 28, 2005
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:10:51 GMT, (Kristen)
wrote:

Hi, I made this a separate post because it’s specific to one model/brand of graphics tablet.

Basically, when looking to buy a used Graphire, what are the difference between the Graphire, the Graphire2, and the Graphire3? I’m sure a 2 would be fine for my needs as a dabbler, but what about the original? What was improved on it that’s so lacking?
Thanks!

Kristen

As you up the versions the main thing that changes is level of control. To put it simply you can make finer adjustments in a 3 than in a 2 than in a 1 (i.e. increased pressure sensitivity levels for example).

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
N
noone
Jun 28, 2005
In article ,
says…

Thanks!

Kristen

In the Graphire line, I cannot help you, as I’ve never used that series, but if no one has the data on the models, you might want to e-mail Wacom. Their tech support has proved to be great with all questions that I’ve fired at them. I’ll even bet they have a chart someplace to show the changes/ enhancements, or that someone there can rattle them off from memory.

Hunt
R
randall
Jul 28, 2005
(Hunt) wrote:

In article ,
says…
…what are the
difference between the Graphire, the Graphire2, and the Graphire3?

In the Graphire line, I cannot help you, as I’ve never used that series, but if no one has the data on the models, you might want to e-mail Wacom.

Thanks, I found the info I was looking for yesterday, finally. I’m not sure if it’s 100% correct, though, since it seems from what I found that the report rate went from 100pps to 205pps back down to 100pps???

If that’s the case, I’m not looking at either the Graphire or the Graphire3, only the Graphire2… 0_o

Thanks,

Kristen
R
randall
Jul 28, 2005
(me) wrote:

…I’m
not sure if it’s 100% correct, though, since it seems from what I found that the report rate went from 100pps to 205pps back down to 100pps???

Nope, it’s not. :/

If anyone wants to know in the future, here’s the info I was able to find:

Graphire3

Actual tablet size: 8.27" x 8.2" x 0.69"
Active working area: 3.65" x 5.02"
Pen accuracy: +/-0.02" (0.5mm)
Pen reading height: 5mm
Pressure levels: 512
Report Rate: 100 pps (Points per second)
Resolution: 2,032 LPI (Lines per inch)
Technology: Cordless, battery-free, pressure sensitive

============================================================ Graphire2

Actual tablet size: 8.2" x 8.4" x 0.4"
Active working area: 3.65" x 5.02"
Pen reading height: 5mm
Resolution: 1,015 LPI (Lines per inch)

============================================================ Graphire ET-0405-U

Actual tablet size: 8.23" x 8.43" x 0.37" Active working area: 3.65" x 5.02"
Pen reading height: [assume 5mm]
Resolution: 1,015 LPI (Lines per inch)

See ya,

Kristen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections