PC
Posted By
paul_carpenter
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im trying to add a shadow to my text but I want the shadow color to be red(All I can Achieve at the moment is black through the effects panel.)
Does anyone know how to make text effects look really great and zippy? Also outlines always seem to be black and you cant choose the thickness of the outline, (only bold or thin).

How much better is photoshop seven??

Please Help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
grafical
Oct 17, 2003
Paul – PS7 is great, CS will be better – -TEXT ON A PATH, FINALLY!

Anyway, to get some groovy FX for text, search Google for "photoshop tutorial text effect" and you’ll get 18 billion (well, maybe not THAT many 8^) ) results – most PS tutorials work equally well in PSE – You may even find some styles that you can download & install.

<mike>
http://digiart.graficalicus.com/index.php
October challenge: "orange"
RL
Richard_Lynch
Oct 18, 2003
You can make custom effects such as bevel, drop shadows, and strokes with a free package from the Adobe website here:

< http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseSubmit.asp?d=164028&am p;dn=Richard+Lynch>

The Hidden Power III package for Mac or PC will include those features.

Richard Lynch
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Oct 18, 2003
Paul,
I purchased great product called PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS:ONE CLICK WOW by Davis and Dayton. On the CD there are many practical effects and styles, among them graphics and type effects. It also has many frames. I have no commercial connection to this product. I have found it to be a great adjunct to Elements.
Ken
MB
margaret_brock
Oct 19, 2003
I made some text have a red shadow by doing the following:

1. make the text layer – get the text the size and shape you want, simplify the type layer.

2. apply the shadow style, simplify the shadow layer

3. use the magic wand tool to select the shadow (it will select an area much bigger than you think it should be – this is ok)

4. make a new "gradient map" adjustment layer. In the gradient map dialogue box, click on the gradient bar and set the colors to whatever you want – you mentioned red, and it works if the "gradient bar" is all red.

5. click ok and your shadow has turned red

hth Margaret

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections