BP
Posted By
Bruce_Patrick
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a CD with multiple images I can see with the included exe player only. I plan to copy the screen images to the clipboard one at a time by hitting the print screen button, then with a photoshop action, save it to a folder on the desktop. Works but the image title is always "untitled-1" so it replaces the previous image.
How do I fix this problem?
Thanks for the help.
Bruce

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CG
Carlos_Gonzalez-Najera
May 9, 2005
This might work. In your action, don’t record "Close"ing a document. Then, every time your action creates a new document and pastes the clipboard image, this new document will have a different name as long as the old one is still open. After a few documents are on your desktop, you might want to close them all and then run a batch rename to something other than "Untitled".

A little cumbersome I guess but might do the trick.

Carlos
Y
YrbkMgr
May 9, 2005
You’d be far better off using the free screen cap utility: <http://www.wisdom-soft.com>. You can then cap to disk with automaic filenaming conventions. You are limited to GIF, BMP, and JPG, but it works well and is easy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections