I
Posted By
iRudi
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t use layer effects on one (only this one!) of my Photoshop files (8bit RGB Mode). If I try to add a layer effect, I get the dialog for this and then the effect is showing up in the layer window – but not visible in the image!! The "eye" in the layer window beside the effect is grayed out – but still remains click able. If I drag this layer to a new file everything is fine and the effect is visible. If I move a layer with an existing and working layer effect from a different file into my problem file the effect disappears as well! Even if I delete all other layers – the effect is invisible.
Please help! I guess that the Photoshop file is somehow corrupted – is there a way to repair this?

rudi

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 21, 2004
Do you have a Layer Mask? And is Layer Mask Hides Effects checked in Blending Options?

It’s all I can think of and thaht wouldn’t account for the grayed out eyeball that’s clickable.
I
iRudi
Apr 23, 2004
No, I don’t have a layer mask.
Yesterday I could try it with PS8 – the same problem 🙁 It seems that I have to rebuild the whole document … shit!
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 23, 2004
Did you try resetting prefs?
I
iRudi
Apr 23, 2004
Yes I did.
But the problem is still there and only with this file. On a new file the layer effects are working as expected!
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
Check the layer blending settings.
I
iRudi
Apr 26, 2004
I’m using the default layer blending.

If someone want to see it by itself – I could send you a file with only one small layer and the described problem by mail. (or is here a way to upload a file??)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections