Posted By
Daraghy, Charles
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there
I know Melissa asked this a few months ago, but has anyone found any AVERY business card templates for use with photoshop? I’m surprised Avery has no Adobe templates, just MS word. Maybe there’s a sour business relation there?
I could not find any user-made templates on the net either.

If someone could help, I’d appreciate it. I am using the photo glossy stock avery biz cards # 8879 and if you have advice, my email is

I dont have MS word and dont intend to get it! esp just to do cards with. Avery has the MS word template, but if i open it with wordpad, it looks awful and the picture that i cut & paste from photoshop looks pixelated and is the wrong size. Useless!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AP
Anderson, Patti
Sep 30, 2003
Avery has a FREE program called Design Pro Limited you can download from their website. Click on the Software link and then Design Pro. It comes with some clipart and a few templates, but you can design from scratch with ease. If it has an Avery #, you can design it in this program (they want to sell you labels of course). It works MUCH better than MS Word for doing labels, which still for some reason uses tables for label layouts.

Patti
CW
Chris Whelan
Sep 30, 2003
Avery has a FREE program called Design Pro Limited you can download from
their website. Click on the Software link and then Design Pro. It comes with some clipart and a few templates, but you can design from scratch with ease. If it has an Avery #, you can design it in this program (they want to sell you labels of course). It works MUCH better than MS Word for doing labels, which still for some reason uses tables for label layouts.
Patti

Note that DesignPro has the ability to create new label layouts to your own design and can then be used with any make or type of label. (Something I do regularly). It also allows the import of database text of various types and has the ability to create database files of dBase format.

It is an excellent program and I highly recommend it.

Chris
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Sep 30, 2003
Charles,
The HP site also has templates. You can make a logo in Elements and import the file to business card, etc.
<http://www.hp.com/sbso/productivity/office/index.html> Ken
PD
Pete_D
Sep 30, 2003
Charles,

There are several solutions for printing the business cards that would allow you to design and print your business cards right from PSE without any templates.

One would be to create a "picture package" with 10 – 2X3.5’s. You could use the 8 – 2.5X3.5’s as a starting point but would need to add the vertical and horizontal pitch, (the space between the cards), since I believe the paper you have has a "break-off" in both directions and change the 2.5 to 2", the standard business card size. (There are detailed instructions for creating your own picture packages in Help).

The other way is to buy plain (or colored) card stock instead of specialty paper. The cost of cards drops considerably. I print quite a few business cards in the manner and it is great using PSE to design them. (have a look
http://home.comcast.net/~peted1/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html –SiteID-978458.html ) ..

Once the 2X3.5" card is designed you do need a printer that is capable of "tiled" printing so you can have just the one card open but print 8 or 10. Or if you happen to have any program that handle this task; I use MS Publisher and that allows me to set the margins and pitch. For 10 cards it is .75 top and bottom and .5 side margin with the pitch set to zero on H and
V.

Print and with a paper cutter, first cut the margins (.75 off the top and bottom and the .5 from sides). Then it is a simple task to cut them into 2" strips (trailing edge at 10", then 8", then 6" etc), gather those together and cut at 3.5, and you have a nice neat stack of 10 cards. Once you do this a few times it goes very quickly.

I don’t mind sharing that this is a nice side business because a lot of home businesses cannot afford full color business cards, (the design and setup that is charged is high too). The only investment is a good 12" paper cutter to get a clean cut. (Make sure you know the maximum weight paper that your printer can handle and buy card stock accordingly at a paper supply). A printer with rear manual feed is best but I think some of the newer printers work ok with card stock.

PeteD
PD
Pete_D
Sep 30, 2003
Jodi,

You would be excellent at this. (business cards) Small boutiques don’t like to have B&W business cards and like I said, color is expensive. Not a lot of money in it but not a lot of time either.

🙂

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Sep 30, 2003
Pete’s right, Jodi. If you could get your name in front of people with something like this, it would be a great way to go on to other things.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 1, 2003
Business cards ? < putting head down and looking off to side with hands behind back > I use my dinky Printmaster software to print my business cards….it’s just easy….templates for Avery biz card sheets ( bought at Walmart )and lots of them. I DO however do my graphics in Elements because Printmaster was wise enough to allow for psd format.

Pete, Thanks for thinking of me. Your idea to use the picture package would probably work just fine. Not sure I’m really needed to create biz cards though…not too much you can mess up with there 😉
PD
Pete_D
Oct 1, 2003
….not too much you can mess up with there 😉

Jodi,

Prior to 1990 or thereabouts ALL business cards were made by graphic artists. Computers came in to common use and anyone could make business cards but not necessarily good ones. Also many of the cards I make have pictures I have taken on them.

There is plenty to "fiddle" with and a market there for talented artists (and especially ones with new cameras).

Pete

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections