Photoshop website template to html (online)?

J
Posted By
Jeff
Feb 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I just have a quick question. Let’s say I download a website template that is a .psd file. How would I then put that on the web? As an image, through an html editor? Please get back to me asap.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

YJ
Yo Jin
Feb 5, 2006
Hello There

Psd file is there in caseu want to edit something. You always load ‘jpg’ gif’ etc files on webpage not ‘psd.
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
I just have a quick question. Let’s say I download a website template that is a .psd file. How would I then put that on the web? As an image, through an html editor? Please get back to me asap.

Thanks.
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 5, 2006
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,

Use Save for Web to export the image in a form that is useable on the web. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
C
cperkins
Feb 8, 2006
Jeff wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

If it’s a template then it probably has buttons, a nav bar, text areas, etc. that you’ll want to edit and change. You can make those changes in Photoshop and then your options for getting it to be a website are either slice it with ImageReady (but all text will become graphics) or use a web plug-in like SiteGrinder
(http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder).

There are plenty of tutorials on slicing around, google them.

Hope this helps,

Chris Perkins
Media Lab, Inc
F
Fungusamungus
Feb 9, 2006
"cperkins" wrote in message
|
| Jeff wrote:
| > Hi,
| > I just have a quick question. Let’s say I download a website template | > that is a .psd file. How would I then put that on the web? As an image, | > through an html editor? Please get back to me asap. | >
| > Thanks.
|
| If it’s a template then it probably has buttons, a nav bar, text areas, | etc. that you’ll want to edit and change. You can make those changes | in Photoshop and then your options for getting it to be a website are | either slice it with ImageReady (but all text will become graphics) or | use a web plug-in like SiteGrinder
| (http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder).
|
| There are plenty of tutorials on slicing around, google them. |

There was a program that could take a PSD file, and not only "extract" the graphics out of it, but arrange the tables/css and create a web page from it (you had to put individual graphics on different layers, and certain aspects (like the background) on specifically named layers, depending on if the bg was a tiled image or a solid color). I honestly don’t remember the name (as it was a few years ago already), but I think the price of it was ridiculous (which is why I never really investigated it further), but try looking up "PSD to HTML" or something similar on google.
| Chris Perkins
| Media Lab, Inc
|
C
cperkins
Feb 10, 2006
|>>There was a program that could take a PSD file, and not only "extract" the
graphics out of it, but arrange the tables/css and create a web page from it<<|

That program was called PhotoWebber, and it was the predecessor to SiteGrinder. SiteGrinder is a lot better. PhotoWebber did frames and tables (SiteGrinder does neither), but SiteGrinder has multi-page output, many more hyperlinking options, and a lot better support for text (including text buttons, text menus, scrolling text, etc.)

Chris
K
Kingdom
Feb 10, 2006
"fungusamungus" wrote in
news:vNMGf.3065$:

"cperkins" wrote in message
|
| Jeff wrote:
| > Hi,
| > I just have a quick question. Let’s say I download a website | > template that is a .psd file. How would I then put that on the web? | > As an image, through an html editor? Please get back to me asap. | >
| > Thanks.
|
| If it’s a template then it probably has buttons, a nav bar, text | areas, etc. that you’ll want to edit and change. You can make those | changes in Photoshop and then your options for getting it to be a | website are either slice it with ImageReady (but all text will become | graphics) or use a web plug-in like SiteGrinder
| (http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder).
|
| There are plenty of tutorials on slicing around, google them. |

There was a program that could take a PSD file, and not only "extract" the graphics out of it, but arrange the tables/css and create a web page from it (you had to put individual graphics on different layers, and certain aspects (like the background) on specifically named layers, depending on if the bg was a tiled image or a solid color). I honestly don’t remember the name (as it was a few years ago already), but I think the price of it was ridiculous (which is why I never really investigated it further), but try looking up "PSD to HTML" or something similar on google.
| Chris Perkins
| Media Lab, Inc
|

It was crap, waste of time.

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
SG
Scott Glasgow
Feb 11, 2006
Jeff wrote:
Hi,
Thanks.

Here’s a clue: Want to make graphics suitable for use on the Web? Use Photoshop or any other graphics program. Want to create a Web site? Learn HTML and CSS (and javascript if you want it to be interactive).

Don’t think for a second that a Web page is nothing but an image of a page with buttons. That is basically what you are asking about, and what you will get will look just as amateurish and uninspiring as the home page for the market leader in this field, SiteGrinder.

Learn HTML and CSS. It’s _really_ not that hard, OK?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections