T
Posted By
terryisabell
Sep 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
IN PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2, ON THE "HOW TO" PALETTE I FIND "ENHANCE TEXT" AND THEN CHOOSE "FILL TEXT WITH FIRE". INSTRUCTIONS THEN SAY TO "TO VIEW THE LAYERS PALETTE, CHOOSE WINDOWS>LAYERS." OK, NO PROBLEM. THE NEXT STEP SAYS "SELECT THE TYPE LAYER IN THE LAYERS PALETTE." I’VE SCOURED THE PROGRAM TO FIND SUCH AN ITEM.
IN PHOTODELUXE I HAVE A "TEXT LAYER" WHEN I OPEN LAYERS , BUT IT IS NOT THERE IN P-SHOP ELEMENTS 2 IN THE LAYERS PALETTE. ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS? THANKS, TERRY

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Terry, before you can have a Text Layer, you have to have typed something. If you have typed in your text, what layers are showing in the Layers Palette?

P. S. Would you please not use all caps? Some of us are the sensitive type and get the feeling we’re being yelled at! 🙂
T
terryisabell
Sep 5, 2003
PETTY PETTY PETTY
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 5, 2003
"terryisabell" wrote in message
PETTY PETTY PETTY

Someone tries to assist you, and you insult them?

Um, okay. Here’s another advantage to using a newsreader rather than the web interface. It’s easy enough to not have to see messages from people like you. Honestly…never thought I’d have to use that feature in this forum. Everyone else is so polite.

Pete
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Wow. If "petty" is the worst thing I’m being called, I’ve come up in the world! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Pete, maybe there’s a <g> missing from that reply, I hope?
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 5, 2003
geeze…I have no words for this.

EDIT…I tried but everything I thought was just not right…Beth, keep smiling 😉
R
Ray
Sep 6, 2003
Beth, I feel sorry for you. In the 9 months or so that I’ve been here, I’ve never read anything like that. I thought we were protected from that by the Heavens, sort of 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
I still can’t decide if she was commenting on my request she not use caps or the fact I asked if she was sure she’d put text on the document. ??? I can actually hear myself saying something like that if I asked for help editing something I hadn’t even added yet. The difference is I would have made sure I added a smiley face or something. And, yes, I am capable of doing that – forgetting to add the text before I try to change it, that is.

Oh, well. I used to work in lockup with teenage murderers and rapists. Her post was pretty mild compared to other things I’ve been called! 🙂
T
terryisabell
Sep 6, 2003
Beth, thank you for your help. I am a true dumby sometimes. But watch those exclamation points (your ititial post). Some might take it as a real stick in the eye, yes? See, I’m as petty as anyone, always trying to come out on top!! oops . . . T.
DH
Dave Hamer
Sep 6, 2003
Beth

I work in a Federal Prison up in Canada and I can assure you that I too, have been called everything but PETTY. Some folks just don’t appreciate sound advice.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections