CM
Posted By
curtis miller
Sep 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a broadband connection, yet when choosing update I get AN unknown internet error occurred

21-120

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy S
Sep 3, 2003
Curtis,

There aren’t any updates anyway. It’s best in fact to set in your Edit>Preferences to never check for updates.
AJ
Art Jelin
Sep 4, 2003
I have the same problem when I open PE at work. We sit behind a pretty hefty firewall and that may be what yoour problem is, your firewall may be blocking you.
P
Phosphor
Sep 4, 2003
Nancy and I have been around long enough to have given up on Adobe updates. 🙂 If there ever is a truly new one, it’ll make frontpage news here on the forum. Go with the suggestions to set the preference to Never.

By the way, Art, I can imagine that some firewalls might interfere, but those used by most of us home users – within routers and software types – don’t have any effect on online services.

Curtis, I’d like to know if you have the same problem when you try to access Recipes.
L
lgreen2001
Sep 8, 2003
This makes me curious…….several times when I first start PSE2 I have gotten messages that there is an update being downloaded……..what is that all about? It is an Adobe update according to the box that shows, but it is usually gone before I can read what it is updating exactly……..

Lynn
MM
Mac McDougald
Sep 8, 2003
It downloads a small "download utility" of some sort, which looks to see what actual updates you don’t have. (When it works, that is – it doesn’t for most folks most of the time).

Mac
M
Matt44
Sep 8, 2003
My update panel tells me that there is an Abobe SVG Viewer 3.0 update available but doesn’t give me the option to download it!

Matt
P
Phosphor
Sep 8, 2003
Matt, you probably already have it. That download isn’t anything new – several of us "fell" for that a couple of months ago. It’s likely already installed somewhere in your version of Elements. Or at least that’s my guess.
M
Matt44
Sep 9, 2003
Thanks for the advice Beth.
RC
Robert Constantino
Sep 10, 2003
Does anyone know if it is possible to import a photo from a web page into Photoshop Elements? If so how is it done? thank you.
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 10, 2003
Robert,

I use Internet Explorer 6. While viewing an image in IE, I can click-drag the image into PSE.

Byron
MM
Mac McDougald
Sep 12, 2003
Windows? right click on image in IE, copy.
In Elements, File/New/paste.

Mac
MW
MItch_Weiner
Dec 6, 2003
I get notice as opening program Adobe Online error.http://cgi…tform=ODLVer=2.8.3.3AOMVer=2.8.3.3 An unknown internet error occurred.
This prevents update,although on laptop the update goes through.same broadband connection. from reading previous comments these updates are useless ?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 6, 2003
It’s not so much that the updates are useless – it’s more like they’re non-existent. Go into Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never. You’ll never be bothered again. The only way to go!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections