JH
Posted By
Joann Head
Aug 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A few days ago there was a question about how to get rid of a double chin and one of the responses was to use distort, liquidfy. Coincidentally, I have a photo that I was taking out a sort of a double chin. I use blur>gaussian blur>smart blur and it was very satisfactory. I wanted to try the distort, liquidfy but can’t get it to work. I’ve selected the area with the selection brush and then filter, distort, liquidfy and used the pucker tool as recommended. Nothing happens. I have the edit layer active. I’ve used mask and not used mask. I’ve read help, manuals and PSE for Dummies. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.
JoAnn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BC
bon.cornwall
Aug 31, 2003
Joanne
Did you check off Tool Options – Brush size, pressure?
Bonnie L.
NS
Nancy S
Aug 31, 2003
Bonnie,

The greater the value in the pressure box within Liquify the faster the transformation will occur. If you have it set to a real low number, it would take awhile to get started and then proceed slowly. Also I think that using the largest size brush that suits the area is a good thing.

You are trying to perform this on an area that is surrounded by the ‘marching ants’ right? or that isn’t red.
BC
bon.cornwall
Aug 31, 2003
Nancy
That’s precisely what I discovered (after much ranting and cussing). Then I read Joanne’s dilemma and suggested checking the options – easily overlooked. Your answer clarifies it for both of us. Thanks.
Bonnie
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 31, 2003
I got it to work really well, but you have to zoom way in. I fixed a picture with a double chin(mine), just fixes the picture, not the real chin, darn,,,,,,,, Jane
R
Ray
Aug 31, 2003
Jane,

Wait for Adobe Surgical Elements 3.0, expected shipping date is… 😉

Ray
(kidding here)
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 31, 2003
Ray, That is one great idea! Maybe I could get PSE to work on my knee and forget the cortisone shots.
Jane
R
Ray
Aug 31, 2003
Seriously, I wanted to check what I would look like after my mouth surgery, so I used PE2. I moved my jaw according to what the surgeon told me he would remove / add. I also used the Liquify filter to put some swelling in my face, so that I won’t try to commit suicide when I see myself after the surgery. Very handy.

….but really, really frightening ! 🙂

Ray
NS
Nancy S
Aug 31, 2003
Ray,

So, since the Dr told you it was elective surgery, have you opted-out?
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 31, 2003
And the swelling after the surgery would only be temporary. Jane
R
Ray
Aug 31, 2003
So far, it’s a go still. I’ll better with the surgery than without. I could do otherwise, but will
end up eating pureed food at 50 (which is coming very fast!)
R
Ray
Aug 31, 2003
Yes, it will be. Temporary, however, is defined by the lenght you can tolerate it… For me, it’s a
month. For my surgeon, his "temporary" equals six times mine… (i.e. 6 months). But I just
learned they shot you with steroids to get the swelling down as much as possible. So, in return, I’ll be mister muscle for 4 weeks… (just kidding, I know how these works) !

Ray
JH
Joann Head
Aug 31, 2003
Thanks for your response. I had never used this filter before and I was expecting it to react too quickly. After enlarging the brush and pressure I could see the pixels moving.
JoAnn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections