JPEG Settings: How do I specify my quality setting?

S
Posted By
scs0
Jul 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I specify my quality preference for saving JPEGs in Photoshop
6.0? Using Photoshop is so unintuitive and the documentation is so
pathetic that I’ve gotten to the point of finding the humor in using this app. This is something that I have done before in Photoshop, yet can’t find the setting anywhere. For laughs I decided to check the documentation for this information and yet again Adobe fails to make their help helpful. First instruction in their help:
"Select Optimize to File Size from the Optimize panel/palette menu"

And, um, where exactly would this Optimize menu be exactly? It’s in no popup menu that I’ve been able to display! I used to think Microsoft wrote lousy documentation, and if there’s any Microsoft tech writers out there let me formally apologize for the crown of lousy documentation clearly belongs to Adobe!

*sigh*

I only use my Photoshop for things that I just can’t do in any other product anymore. Photoshop is great, *IF* you’ve either been formally trained in using it! Someone could easily come up with a DOS-based photo editing software capable of doing all sorts of things, but if the app has a lousy UI the app is lousy. I’m sorry, I know a lot of you love Photoshop but that’s because you’ve adapted to it. Truly good software is intuitive and well documented.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EG
Eric Gill
Jul 25, 2003
(scs0) wrote in
news::

pathetic that I’ve gotten to the point of finding the humor in using this app.

First, you "forget" to use the "Save for Web" function. Then, you bitch about how bad the software is on a public forum filled with people who don’t have that problem, love the software and now will be sarcastic to you.

<snip>
WS
Warren Sarle
Jul 25, 2003
"scs0" wrote in message
pathetic that I’ve gotten to the point of finding the humor in using this app.

Choose "Save As" or "Save for Web" from the File menu. "Save for Web" puts less junk in the JPEG file.

Yes, Adobe’s documentation sucks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections