NB
Posted By
Nunu Bugars
Aug 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Adobe ImageReady 7.0 and they’re both in french and i can’t understand a word what can i do?????

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Aug 23, 2004
Why do you have a French version if you know you don’t understand French?

What can you do? Buy Photoshop in the language you prefer.
NB
Nunu Bugars
Aug 23, 2004
B/c i got it for christmas and my grandma didn’t know it was french.
NB
Nunu Bugars
Aug 23, 2004
Do you know if i could change the language?
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 23, 2004
no you can’t, but you can call adobe and they’ll let you trade that one in for an english version (may be a fee), you’ll need to sign something stating you’ll destroy that copy and you’ll be issued a new version and a new key. it must, of course, be a legitimate version to do this. call your local adobe customer service office.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 23, 2004
They did stop selling Photoshop 7 a long time before Christmas, so you will have to pay for an upgrade to PSCS… valid serial#, original CD… yadda, and so forth.
NB
Nunu Bugars
Aug 23, 2004
ok thanks and i don’t know where she got that version from if you say they don’t sell it anymore, she probably got it at a yard sale! LOL!
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 23, 2004
she probably got it at a yard sale!

(that’s against the license agreement! you should delete it from your system immediately if it wasn’t new, shrinkwrapped and unregistered!)
RH
r_harvey
Aug 23, 2004
….then burn it, scatter the ashes, salt the ground, and hire an exorcist. Finally, have that ground fired into the sun.

Unless you did get a license transfer. In which case, all is fine.
NB
Nunu Bugars
Aug 23, 2004
yeah i did get the licsense transfer
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 23, 2004
yeah i did get the licsense transfer

then you can upgrade/crossgrade to an english version by calling adobe and paying the upgrade price (around 169 bux i think). if it had been CS, i think all you’d have to pay is shipping, but as you have a previous version there that’s no longer in stock, you’ll need to get the upgrade. Still 169 bux isn’t bad for you to have to kick in for a 600+ dollar present!
NB
Nunu Bugars
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks so much for your help and yeah 169 dollars is waaay better than that 600 and sumthin dollars it cost to buy. I wonder how much my grandma payed…hmmmm, LOL!
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 24, 2004
I wonder how much my grandma payed…

don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. 🙂

as long as you have a transfer of ownership, you should be cool.
P
povimage
Aug 24, 2004
don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

He’s a centaur?

Keith
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Aug 24, 2004
Of course, don’t lose sight of the fact that moving to Photoshop CS can be more costly than just the program itself, if you happen to be running an O/S other than Windows 2000 or XP, which PS CS requires.
RH
r_harvey
Aug 24, 2004
It’s still easier and cheaper than learning French.

However, if for any reason that copy of Le Photoshope" cannot be upgraded, Photoshop Elements is a perfectly usable alternative. It’s a whole lot cheaper, for most people it’s more than enough, and you can apply its purchase price if you really do need the full Photoshop.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Aug 24, 2004
i got it for christmas

Slow boot after install?

Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections