B
Posted By
Billy
Apr 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have scanned in some pencil drawings of mine into photoshop and want to digitally watermark them (visably) before posting them on the web. Can someone tell me the best PC application or web service for doing this? How secure is the watermarking…..what is the percentage of security that basic watermarking provides?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Joe
Apr 17, 2007
"Billy" wrote:

I have scanned in some pencil drawings of mine into photoshop and want to digitally watermark them (visably) before posting them on the web. Can someone tell me the best PC application or web service for doing this? How secure is the watermarking…..what is the percentage of security that basic watermarking provides?

I believe there are several watermark program, but me, I just create the BRUSH with my copyright symbol’s then add to the image just like any Brush come with Photoshop.
V
VideoGuru
Apr 21, 2007
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:11:49 -0500, Joe wrote:

This is a bit of a "catch 22" since almost all watermarks can be removed unless they obstruct the image you’re trying to show. IMO, the best marks are simple alpha or transparency channel blending in the corners of the image. However, cropping or cloning can reverse the process.

There are many inexpensive utilities to add logos etc. to images. I use one I wrote specifically for this purpose. Try google on "photo watermark logo utility" as a start.

"Billy" wrote:

I believe there are several watermark program, but me, I just create the BRUSH with my copyright symbol’s then add to the image just like any Brush come with Photoshop.
K
KatWoman
Apr 21, 2007
"Billy" wrote in message

As you already have Photoshop
make a new document
use the text tool to create some letters saying
V
VideoGuru
Apr 21, 2007
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:23:39 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote:
What you described here works fine for small amouts of images. However, I frequently have to do this on several (somtimes hundreds) of images at a time. Is the Photoshop "scripting" process up to this kind of task? I’m just experimenting with it and am not sure if it’s practical or not.

"Billy" wrote in message

make a new document
use the text tool to create some letters saying ©copyright symbol your name year etc
use a blocky text like Arial black

use a layer style like bevel or emboss on it
then slide the fill down to 0
this should give you some transparent letters with depth save it as a psd

drag it onto your other images as needed or make and action to do that
if you are not up on creating your own styles you can download laurie’s glass at Adobe studio exchange
R
Rob
Apr 22, 2007
VideoGuru wrote:
What you described here works fine for small amouts of images. However, I frequently have to do this on several (somtimes hundreds) of images at a time. Is the Photoshop "scripting" process up to this kind of task? I’m just experimenting with it and am not sure if it’s practical or not.

I have made a script for watermarking my images.

Although all my images are the same resize, 520 in height irrespective of orientation, and used for my web page.

Basically what I am doing is a resize, watermark, flatten, save for web, resize to thumbnail, save for web. All in one action. You have to setup the basic folders within the action so you actually have the original image folder then the resized and thumb folders.

This action can be used through the batch process and its a simple matter and very quick.

All this without looking for some other program.

"Billy" wrote in message

make a new document
use the text tool to create some letters saying ©copyright symbol your name year etc

if you are not up on creating your own styles you can download laurie’s glass at Adobe studio exchange
G
granny
Apr 22, 2007
"VideoGuru" wrote in message

Russell Browns sample watermark action located at:
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html called "Digital Watermark Branding" is "an Action that will magically work on both horizontal and vertical images."
The Quick Time tutorial is at:
http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov

"Granny"
V
VideoGuru
Apr 22, 2007
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:52:34 +1000, Rob wrote:

This sounds really good! I haven’t quite figured out how to do what you describe yet – but I’m working on it!

Thanks for the advice!!

VideoGuru wrote:

I have made a script for watermarking my images.

Although all my images are the same resize, 520 in height irrespective of orientation, and used for my web page.

Basically what I am doing is a resize, watermark, flatten, save for web, resize to thumbnail, save for web. All in one action. You have to setup the basic folders within the action so you actually have the original image folder then the resized and thumb folders.

This action can be used through the batch process and its a simple matter and very quick.

All this without looking for some other program.

"Billy" wrote in message

make a new document

V
VideoGuru
Apr 22, 2007
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:08:12 -0500, "granny"
wrote:

Way cool! Thanks!!

Russell Browns sample watermark action located at:
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html called "Digital Watermark Branding" is "an Action that will magically work on both horizontal and vertical images."
The Quick Time tutorial is at:
http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov
K
krash
Apr 23, 2007
if you have your utility on the webs post the URL.. tnx kk

This is a bit of a "catch 22" since almost all watermarks can be removed unless they obstruct the image you’re trying to show. IMO, the best marks are simple alpha or transparency channel blending in the corners of the image. However, cropping or cloning can reverse the process.

There are many inexpensive utilities to add logos etc. to images. I use one I wrote specifically for this purpose. Try google on "photo watermark logo utility" as a start.

"Billy" wrote:

V
VideoGuru
Apr 24, 2007
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:58:33 -0700, "www.kevinkienlein.com" wrote:

Not yet because I added it to a commercial app a few months ago. I’ll consider posting a free "lite" version as soon as I finish the web site and documentation…

"Billy" wrote:

K
krash
Apr 25, 2007
I will look forward to checking it out… kk

Not yet because I added it to a commercial app a few months ago. I’ll consider posting a free "lite" version as soon as I finish the web site and documentation…

V
VideoGuru
Apr 26, 2007
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:21:24 -0700, "www.kevinkienlein.com" wrote:

If you send me a real name, address and company name
(), I’ll send you a free copy of the commercial
application soon as we finish beta. Please make sure you include this newsgroup in the subject header.

V
VideoGuru
Apr 26, 2007

Soory – I forgot to mention this is a MS PC application (sorry MAC’s) for now. My client has been begging me to convert to MAC but so far the conversion is going really slowly – performance JAVA issues etc. (sigh!)…

V
VideoGuru
Apr 26, 2007

Sorry AGAIN! Just visited your website and I’ll send you the stuff based on your contact information there! I’m so used to "fake" info from newsgroups I neglected to look more closely at you post!!

K
krash
Apr 26, 2007
I are a real person… but there are lots of fakes on the net, and some of them have some of my money… :o(

oh well, they have to live with themselves… the law of attraction will find them eventually… thanks for the note… kk

Sorry AGAIN! Just visited your website and I’ll send you the stuff based on your contact information there! I’m so used to "fake" info from newsgroups I neglected to look more closely at you post!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections