M
Posted By
Michael
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to print photographs on both pre-cut 4 inch x 6 inch and 5 inch x 7 inch glossy photographic paper on a Lexmark Z45. Quality is good, but Photoshop or Lexmark (or both) leave an approximately 0.5 inch border on the bottom of the page no matter what setting I choose.

I set the image size in Photoshop to the correct aspect ratio but can’t find a way to create a custom paper size of either 4×6 or 5×7.

Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Jul 18, 2003
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:03:32 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

I am trying to print photographs on both pre-cut 4 inch x 6 inch and 5 inch x 7 inch glossy photographic paper on a Lexmark Z45. Quality is good, but Photoshop or Lexmark (or both) leave an approximately 0.5 inch border on the bottom of the page no matter what setting I choose.

That’s because the Lexmark doesn’t do borderless printing. Most inkjets don’t. Some do, particularly some in the Epson range.

I set the image size in Photoshop to the correct aspect ratio but can’t find a way to create a custom paper size of either 4×6 or 5×7.
Any suggestions?
Buy a printer that does borderless prints.

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)
S
Sandy
Jul 21, 2003
Many Canon printers also print borderless 4×6 and 5×7.

"Hecate" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:03:32 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

I am trying to print photographs on both pre-cut 4 inch x 6 inch and 5
inch
x 7 inch glossy photographic paper on a Lexmark Z45. Quality is good,
but
Photoshop or Lexmark (or both) leave an approximately 0.5 inch border on
the
bottom of the page no matter what setting I choose.

That’s because the Lexmark doesn’t do borderless printing. Most inkjets don’t. Some do, particularly some in the Epson range.
I set the image size in Photoshop to the correct aspect ratio but can’t
find
a way to create a custom paper size of either 4×6 or 5×7.
Any suggestions?
Buy a printer that does borderless prints.

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections