BH
Posted By
Bill H Jackson
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working on some pictures. one folder suddenly appeared as a PSP file. Nothing I have will open it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave milbut
Jul 13, 2003
please give us some more detail. those 3 sentences, no matter how I parse them, don’t make much sense.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 13, 2003
try using open as in the file menu. if you’re sure they’re tifs try "open as" tif.

psp is paint shop pro also the extention for photoshop prefrences.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 13, 2003
worth a shot. i don’t know how you could mass covert them without knowing it though. how many files?
DM
Don McCahill
Jul 13, 2003
By PSP, you mean that double clicking on them opens them with Paint Shop, correct? It does not mean that the files now have .psp appended to the end of the file name.

If so, this is just the association with the file. Reloading PSP will not solve the problem, in fact your installing PSP is what caused the problem. It took over all the file extensions it could handle.

Reinstalling Photoshop would let PS take control again, but there is an easier way.

Depending on your OS, you should be able to right click, or shift-right click on a file and get a menu item reading "Open With". Do this, and you will be able to browse to Photoshop.exe. A check box at some point will ask if you want to open with this program all the time. Check it, and when you do, all the Tifs will open in PS again.
BH
Bill H Jackson
Jul 14, 2003
Thank you. I did check the box so my pictures will open in Photoshop. However, I did reload Paint Shop Pro and used it to convert the pictures back to tif.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections