WL
Posted By
Wolf Lair
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im running Windows XP home 512Ram 1.2Ghz. I have Photoshop CS. I have never had an issue with it for the 2 months or so I have been using it. Just recently. After a windows update, which also updated my video driver I notice that when I run CS it is using between 30-50 person of my CPU power constantly, even if its minimized. Also it used to be between 2000 and 7000 kb of ram when minimized and now it uses over 10000. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, yet the issue continues. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

As a side note. sometimes when I am running CS the pointer stops responding to the tools. I can still go and save my image and all the commands on keyboard and file menu work. And I can switch the tools I’m using, The pointer doesnt change though, or respond when I try to use it on the image. Closing and Restarting photoshop fixes the problem, but it is on the annoying side.

Wolf

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections