AK
Posted By
Allyson Kesler
Jul 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I take lots of photos of horses and need the grass beneath their feet to look greener. (Too much drought around here.) Ideas on the best way to do this for a PS novice? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 8, 2003
The challenge isn’t making the grass greener, it’s isolating the grass so that ONLY it is greener.

In PS there’s at least 3 different ways to do things; here’s one.

Find a color green and use a paint brush with "color" as the blend mode. You may have to play with opacity or even different blend modes, but that is one way.
P
Phosphor
Jul 8, 2003
Try the other side of the fence.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 8, 2003
Now that was funny Eddie.
N
ninjasavant
Jul 8, 2003
Is the grass already green? If so, try selecting the grass and upping the Saturation under Image>Adjust>Hue/Saturation.
RH
r_harvey
Jul 8, 2003
I had a bet with myself about who would use the "other side of the road" line first. I lost.
GS
Gustavo Sanchez
Jul 9, 2003
Image – Adjust – Selective correction:

In the ‘greens’ add a bit cyan and yellow and take out some magenta. You might need to do some masking before.

Hope it helps
E
emma
Jul 9, 2003
I’d create my selection, clean it up in QuickMask, possibly apply a tiny feather, then do my corrections in a curves adjustment layer. That way it’s easily discarded or changed if you don’t like the effect later. Also, you can adjust the opacity of the adjustment layer if you need to. Just be careful with this sort of retouching, Allyson. If you go too far or your selections are off, it will look unrealistic and therefore obviously enhanced. But if you play around with this technique, you’ll find a whole new world of options in enhancing your photos. And so will begin your love affair with Photoshop. 🙂

Good luck!
~Em
BL
Bill Lamp
Jul 9, 2003
I’d start the whole process by making work copy of the original. Do everything on IT!!

Then make a duplicate layer and work on that layer. Besides ALL the above suggestions being tryable, you also pick up opacity fade and the ability to selectively erase things that are NOT supposed to green up, such as clouds that get "greened" by accident.

Another best of luck.

Bill, who LOVES layers and for their lack in Photoshop 4-LE refers to it as having been Very Limited Edition.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections