GM
Posted By
George Matos
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to print some big boards here at work 2′ by X length. The length is dependent on the drawing/photo.

I am printing to a HP 1055 CM which can do up to 300′ in length. The issue is I am doing a print preview trying to print an image of 24" X 84" but when I go and page setup and the properties of the printer. Do all that then get back to where it shows paper size, portrait, landscape, etc and hit OK to to get back to the Print Preview window.

I get an error stating "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I hit OK I am back to print preview box but it looks odd. Once I say done can’t get back into print preview.

I have no way of verifying if it’s keeping the settings.

I am using PS7 on a XP box. I have restarted and no help at all. I just printed a 54" in length image fine.

* *Update**

I just tried doing a 8×11 blank image and setting up the properties the same way. I get the same error message. It’s not the image…not sure if it’s the driver software or Photoshop still.

Still hunting.

Any ideas??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RW
Rene_Walling
May 6, 2004
Have your tried placing the image in another software such as InDesign or Quark and printing from there?
GM
George Matos
May 6, 2004
Sorry we don’t have any other software besides Adobe….I may be onto some thing which is looking like it’s the HP Plotter/driver being the issue.

I will post back with more info once I know for sure or get better proof.
SM
sam_m_brown
May 6, 2004
Try saving as a Photoshop PDF and opening in Acrobat to print – I have had lots of trouble printing large format from PS7 to our HP5000PS and have just taken to opening the file as a TIf or PDF in acrobat and printing – Someone else in another area opens his files in PS5 to print.

Out of interest it also rip’s a lot quicker from acrobat than PS as well to our colour laser.
GM
George Matos
May 7, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions it seems to be a driver issue. I spooled in the computer and that fixed it.

I am going to be talking to HP today to see why that is.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections