WC
Posted By
Water Cooler v2
Jan 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I selected and area I wanted to make transparent, with the magic wand, and hit the Delete key, like I always used to do, expecting that the selection would become transparent. Instead, it turns black.

Kindly help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
Jan 20, 2008
Water Cooler v2 wrote:

I selected and area I wanted to make transparent, with the magic wand, and hit the Delete key, like I always used to do, expecting that the selection would become transparent. Instead, it turns black.

1: Make sure that you are working on a real layer, not the background layer.

2: Make sure that there is no other (black) layer beneath the one you are working on.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jan 21, 2008
"Water Cooler v2" wrote in message
Kindly help.

The background layer is "locked" by default, to delete pixels from this layer, (not a good idea, work on a copy of the layer, ctrl+j to copy))it need to be unlocked.
Alt+mose click on the name "background" layer. To save the file as transparent, don’t save as a JPG, use PNG. TWK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections