SW
Posted By
Stephen_W._Butler
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make several layers by selecting one item from picture for each layer. On second and successive selections, when I select Make Layer, I get error message "no pixels are selected". I did make a second selection and tried all possible combinations but it simply refuses to recognize it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PF
Peter_Frailey
Nov 7, 2003
Stephen… I have one day’s experience with layers (yesterday) and had the same thing happen. I had to go to the layers box (the box on the right of the screen with the layers tab) and go to the original layer (layer 0?)that I started to project with… and then select a new layer.
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 7, 2003
Stephen,

Peter is right on-target with his advice… it happens to everyone, at some point, that you’ll make a selection "through" a transparent portion of a layer, and then get the "no pixels" error when you try to act on the selection.

Byron
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 7, 2003
If I had a pound for everytime I have done this I would be really rich 🙂
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Nov 7, 2003
Stephen,
1.Bring down layers palette, click on triangle upper right, select duplicate layer.
2.In palette, click on the duplicate layer to make it active.
3.Select one item, go to layer>new>layer via copy.
4. Go to palette again, click on duplicate layer to make it active, select next item, go to layer>new>layer via copy
5. Continue if you want.
6. All of your selections should be on their own individual layer which you can edit, enhance, move, delete, etc.
If this will not work for you, post again.
Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections