Posted By
ScreenPlay
Sep 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I just started screen printing and I’m using photoshop to prepare m screens.

I need to get my images to be completely solid black. That is no gre areas, especially around the edges of my image. Does anyone know how t do this?

Thanks

ScreenPla
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message121989.htm

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
The Doormouse
Sep 20, 2004
ScreenPlay wrote:

I need to get my images to be completely solid black. That is no grey areas, especially around the edges of my image. Does anyone know how to do this?

Sure, and so would you if you had a manual. There are a variety of ways – at least two spring to mind immediately, and they are quick, too.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
MR
Mike Russell
Sep 20, 2004
ScreenPlay wrote:

I need to get my images to be completely solid black. That is no grey areas, especially around the edges of my image. Does anyone know how to do this?

Image>Adjust>Threshold.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
FA
Fred Athearn
Sep 21, 2004
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:22:38 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

ScreenPlay wrote:

Image>Adjust>Threshold.

If after that there is still too much detail for screen printing after that, then try doing
filter>artistic>cut out

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections