Posted By
ulf.gustafsson
Mar 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hej
I’m about to batch some thousands pictures of people, all with different size, dimension and format. What I want to do is to crop SOME of the pictures, but only the "landscape oriented" ones. Now is there a way, in PS or any other program for that matter, that allows me to create a rule that, in my batch, only crop pictures with that format or wider than XX pixels?
Please provide me a solution.

Thanks
/Ulf G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
Kingdom
Mar 28, 2006
wrote in news:1143546015.581411.85060
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hej
I’m about to batch some thousands pictures of people, all with different size, dimension and format. What I want to do is to crop
SOME
of the pictures, but only the "landscape oriented" ones. Now is there
a
way, in PS or any other program for that matter, that allows me to create a rule that, in my batch, only crop pictures with that format
or
wider than XX pixels?

Thanks
/Ulf G

Don’t think so. As far as I’m aware nothing in PS allows you to ‘examine’ the file then make a desision on that result. It may be possible using a script but whether there is one available I don’t know.

My suggestion would be to manually put all landscapes in one directory, it shouldn’t take to long, I worked through 36,000 images in around 4 hours doing something similar. Then simply make an action to do your batching.

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
Mar 28, 2006
wrote in message
Hej
I’m about to batch some thousands pictures of people, all with different size, dimension and format. What I want to do is to crop SOME of the pictures, but only the "landscape oriented" ones. Now is there a way, in PS or any other program for that matter, that allows me to create a rule that, in my batch, only crop pictures with that format or wider than XX pixels?

I don’t know if you mean crop or fit,
so see File – Automate – Fit Image

You specify the dimensions of a rectangle and the automation ‘fits’ a picture into that size.

Otherwise, you might sort the pictures by width, and mark the landscapes to process separately.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Mar 28, 2006
wrote in message
Hej

Thanks
Ulf G
The downloadable "conditional action" script, at the following sounds just what you need. http://actionlogic.blogspot.com/

HTH
MH
C
Clyde
Mar 28, 2006
wrote:
Hej

Thanks
/Ulf G

Actions do not have the ability for conditional programming. i.e. They can’t do "if…then…else". You would have to run different actions on different sets of pictures that you pick out.

Scripts are a different story. Scripts are a step toward actual programming. Alas, I have never written a script for Photoshop nor have I looked at the code in one. I haven’t done any programming since the ’80s.

If you are a programmer or willing to learn, scripts are your ticket.

Clyde
PF
Paul Furman
Mar 28, 2006
wrote:

Hej

First resize to the same width then change canvas size to chop off the height.
UG
ulf.gustafsson
Apr 3, 2006
Thanks guys. Amazing what a response. Actually the canvas size thing did it. First I manually scanned the pictures just to sort out the extreme ones. Then I did, as Paul suggested: I resized the pictures to a fix height, and then I just set the canvas size to 100 px, which ever "cropped" the picture or widened the picture without changing the aspect ratio.
Again, thanks to ya’ll.
/u

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections