TE
Posted By
Tor Eivind Ravndal
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I could’nt really find out exactly how to give our vendor such a file. Anyone?

Thanx,
Tor

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BLUEMIST
Jun 29, 2004
in article 40e13f24$, Tor Eivind Ravndal at
tor-eivind[dot]ravndal[at]akerkvaerner[dot].com wrote on 06/29/2004 3:06 AM:

A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I could’nt really find out exactly how to give our vendor such a file. Anyone?

Thanx,
Tor

http://www.artistmike.com/VectorizationService/1.html
D
Defoe
Jun 29, 2004
"Tor Eivind Ravndal" <tor-eivind[dot]ravndal[at]akerkvaerner[dot].com> wrote in message
A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I could’nt really find out exactly how to
give
our vendor such a file. Anyone?

Thanx,
Tor

You’ll have to convert it to a Duotone/Tritone etc

Adjust your spot curves and then save as an eps

When it gets pulled into Quark/Indesign the PMS colours will show up in the colour palette

You’ll have to convert to grayscale first
W
Waldo
Jun 29, 2004

When it gets pulled into Quark/Indesign the PMS colours will show up in the colour palette

I would like to add that you could also use the Multichannel mode in Photoshop (Image->Mode->Multichannel).

In that case, in the channel palet you can add spot colors with "New Spot Channel…" (don’t use "New channel…" for that purpose!).

Good luck.

Waldo
W
Waldo
Jun 29, 2004

I would like to add that you could also use the Multichannel mode in Photoshop (Image->Mode->Multichannel).

In that case, in the channel palet you can add spot colors with "New Spot Channel…" (don’t use "New channel…" for that purpose!).

Good luck.

Waldo
TE
Tor Eivind Ravndal
Jun 30, 2004
Tor Eivind Ravndal
A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we
have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I
could’nt really find out exactly how to give our
vendor such a file. Anyone?

Dave
When it gets pulled into Quark/Indesign the PMS
colours will show up in the colour palette

Thanks Dave. Does Photoshop CS(8.0) offer this
functionality?

Tor
D
Defoe
Jun 30, 2004
"Tor Eivind Ravndal" <tor[hyphen]eivind[dot]ravndal[at]akerkvaerner[dot]com> wrote in message
Tor Eivind Ravndal
A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we
have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I
could’nt really find out exactly how to give our
vendor such a file. Anyone?

Dave
When it gets pulled into Quark/Indesign the PMS
colours will show up in the colour palette

Thanks Dave. Does Photoshop CS(8.0) offer this
functionality?

Yes

read Waldos reply too, that method works too
T
Tabasco1
Jul 4, 2004
"Tor Eivind Ravndal" <tor-eivind[dot]ravndal[at]akerkvaerner[dot].com> wrote in message
A vendor wants an eps file with PMS colors. All we have is a color Tiff file. Iv’ve tried google, but I could’nt really find out exactly how to
give

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think you can easily convert a tiff to eps. pms colors or not.

Charles
Torrance, California
http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com
W
WharfRat
Jul 4, 2004
give

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think you can easily convert a tiff to eps. pms colors or not.

Easy to convert to .eps
but … not a vector .eps

No way to do spot colors – without a lot of rebuilding.

MSD
T
Tabasco1
Jul 4, 2004
Easy to convert to .eps
but … not a vector .eps
I know that you can inbed a tiff in an .eps but if the whole thing is the tiff what’s the point?

Charles
Torrance, California
W
WharfRat
Jul 4, 2004
Easy to convert to .eps
but … not a vector .eps
I know that you can inbed a tiff in an .eps but if the whole thing is the tiff what’s the point?

My meaning was that you can save the .tif as an .eps – in Photoshop. Not embed the .tif in an Illustrator .eps.

As to the point.
For one thing color.
If you place a Photoshop .eps in another application
to build a graphic or publication or just for output … the PS .eps will not be screwed with – whereas a .tif can/will be. This is especially important if you or someone along the line might put your file into Quark for output.
Your colors will be a crap shoot from Quark – with a .tif. With an .eps file the numbers will pass right on through.

MSD
T
Tabasco1
Jul 5, 2004
My meaning was that you can save the .tif as an .eps – in Photoshop. Not embed the .tif in an Illustrator .eps.

I never really had an occasion to do it. But in my quick check I could save as an eps a new file but after saving as a tiff and then going to save I couldn’t. What did I overlook.

Charles
Torrance, California
W
WharfRat
Jul 5, 2004
in article nv5Gc.22812$, Tabasco1 at
wrote on 7/4/04 10:17 PM:

I never really had an occasion to do it. But in my quick check I could save as an eps a new file but after saving as a tiff and then going to save I couldn’t. What did I overlook.

Charles
Torrance, California

You do "Save as" to save to a different format or to add compression or embed profiles of previews.

MSD

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections