JP
Posted By
Jay Peterman
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS CS, I must have screwed up some settings. When I try to use the lasso tools I get the message: "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection edges will not be visible." Does anyone know which settings would lead to this message?

Also whenever I try to view a .pdf it opens PS instead of Acrobat. Anyway I can associate .pdf files with Acrobat only?

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
newsgroup
Jun 20, 2004
"Jay Peterman" wrote in message
Using PS CS, I must have screwed up some settings. When I try to use the lasso tools I get the message: "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection edges will not be visible." Does anyone know which settings would lead to this message?

Also whenever I try to view a .pdf it opens PS instead of Acrobat. Anyway I can associate .pdf files with Acrobat only?

Thanks for any help.

The message you got probably came up because you had a different layer selected than the one you thought you were working on.
In Windows, find a pdf file then shift/right click/open with Acrobat then check box: always open with this program
~Doc
E
edjh
Jun 20, 2004
Jay Peterman wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a large feather value on your lasso? Or is the Opacity of the layer you are trying to select on low?

What happens if you ignore the message? Just because the selection edges are not visible doesn’t necessarily mean nothing is selected.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
T
Tabasco1
Jun 20, 2004

Thanks for any help.

Make sure your feather option is at 0 also.

Charles
Torrance, California
http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com
JP
Jay Peterman
Jun 20, 2004
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:28:48 GMT, "Tabasco1"
wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Make sure your feather option is at 0 also.

Charles
Torrance, California

Thanks you guys. My problem was the Feather settings. I tried different settings and forgot to reset everything. The .pdf solution worked also.

I appreciate your time.
TB
the_bulldog
Jun 25, 2004
In article <DeiBc.170$
says…
Jay Peterman wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a large feather value on your lasso? Or is the Opacity of the layer you are trying to select on low?

What happens if you ignore the message? Just because the selection edges are not visible doesn’t necessarily mean nothing is selected.

Good answer. And a way of checking out what is Selected is to either go into Quick Mask mode, or Save Selection and then make it active with the "eyeball" unchecked in all other Channels (if you would rather look at the "mask" in B/W, rather than the default rubylith overlay look.
T
Tabasco1
Jul 8, 2004
B/W, rather than the default rubylith overlay look.

+2 points Bulldog for using rubylith in a sentence correctly. 🙂

I had thought not many people knew about that anymore.

Charles
Torrance, California

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections