MM
Posted By
Mac McDougald
Jun 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
4×6 is a different aspect ratio than the other two.
It’s a matter of math.
You can’t make a 4×6 into a 5×7 without cropping or distorting (changing x and y axes disproportionally).

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
ylekyot
Jun 27, 2003
understand that Mac, my question is why doesn’t PS crop the image. i’m asking for a 5×7 and 3.5×5’s. the picture package is supposed to give me those sizes not smaller sizes.

think that i understand PS reason for not cropping and giving the full size image. the problem is that i need to have exact sizes.

have lots of images to do (this is for doing kids sports portrait printing) and i need to do it with as much efficiency as possible. so cropping the images and putting them on a new canvas would be far too time consuming.

if PS cant do this, does anyone know of a plugin or another program i could use?

thank you,
Wade
MM
Mac McDougald
Jun 27, 2003
… my question is why doesn’t PS crop the image.

How would it know WHERE to crop?

Mac
Y
ylekyot
Jun 27, 2003
"How would it know WHERE to crop?"

that, i’m sure is why it doesn’t crop. but when it says 5×7 and 3.5×5, i expect and need those sizes not something smaller.

would expect it to center crop, that is what usually happens in the photography world when you get prints made from negatives or digital files even.

Wade

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections