YK
Posted By
yvonne_kirstein
Jul 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help me with resizing the images in the picture package layout. How can I make the photos fill the page with no borders so they are all the same size, just like a real picture package eg 4-4×5’s…When I choose 4 different photos, and then when elements lays them out, they come out different sizes, with white borders, and they don’t fill the whole page (all photos side by side, with the perception of being one large image that fills the page). If anyone knows what i’m talking about, and how to help me solve this, i’d appreciate it…thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 5, 2004
Yvonne,
I think that you will find the expert instructions by Beth Haney very helpful: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7@@.3bb4e654/2> Ken
BB
brent_bertram
Jul 5, 2004
Yvonne,
This is a frequent question . Look at this recent topic, <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bb47ada> . A forum search on "picture package" will yield a lot more results.
Basically, the answer to your question is that the images you select need to be in the same aspect ratio as your selected prints ( e.g. 5×7, or 4x 6, or 4×5 ) . Various cropping and resizing techniques will get you there.

🙂

Brent
J
JPWhite
Jul 5, 2004
Brent is right. The images you are trying to print probably have differing aspect ratios and the adjustments Elements makes when creating the picture package are ungainly.

Not only would I follow Brents advice to make all images the same aspect ratio, I’d go one step further and make each of the images the exact same size and resolution, preferably the size of the print your looking to create. This should minimize any ‘adjustments’ that elements will make on your behalf.

JP
YK
yvonne_kirstein
Jul 6, 2004
so, to understand this, I basically need to open and edit each photo individually to make sure the aspect ratios are the same for all photos? Makes sense, i’ll give it a try although I wish there was a less time consuming way rather to change all of my pictures that presently exist on my computer. But on another note, I will now make sure that every image that I save from now on have the same aspect ratio…
yvonne
J
JPWhite
Jul 6, 2004
To answer your question succinctly – yes.

Be careful as you edit the image sizes for printing to save with a different filename. You never want to alter or throw away pixels lest you need them later.

If you use the crop tool to resize you photos, it shouldn’t take too long to alter images. Word to the wise, you only have to change the images you intend to print!!

JP
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 6, 2004
And of course the ratio you want depends on which standard size image you want to print. (the ratio for a 4×5 is not the same as for a 5×7…which is different again from the standard 4×6 that you get at the photoprocessor! it took me a suprisingly long time to work that one out!!)

Personally I ignore the standard sizes and crop images until they look right, but then I don’t print many – and it does cause a lot of problems if you want to get them store printed!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections