R
Posted By
Rob-J
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a bunch of photos I did some basic color correction and photo sharpening. All the files are saved in normal jpg format. When I burn the photos on a cd and take them to wallgreens, none of the photos print. I tried this at three different wallgreen stores with the same result. I even watched the whole process. I pick the photos off the disk (they look fine on their display) but when the are sent to the processor, nothing appears. It makes no difference how many I send. If I print an unchanged photo it works fine, but any photo I touched up will not print. They print fine on my inkjet printer.

Has anyone seen this before? Am I doing something wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SI
stupid_idiot
Apr 6, 2004
<snip> Am I doing something wrong?</snip>

Yea, try a different lab. Costco or online. try ezprints.com

B
BlackVelvet
Apr 6, 2004
was your file in all caps? " JPG " or " jpg "
RH
Randy Hills
Apr 6, 2004
some labs dont like a file with an embedded profile.

Randy
BJ
Bill Janes
Apr 10, 2004
In article , says…
I see a bunch of photos I did some basic color correction and photo sharpening. All the files are saved in normal jpg format. When I burn the photos on a cd and take them to wallgreens, none of the photos print. I tried this at three different wallgreen stores with the same result. I even watched the whole process. I pick the photos off the disk (they look fine on their display) but when the are sent to the processor, nothing appears. It makes no difference how many I send. If I print an unchanged photo it works fine, but any photo I touched up will not print. They print fine on my inkjet printer.

Has anyone seen this before? Am I doing something wrong?
Rob,

As far as I know, most Walgreens is either Fuji Frontier or Noritsu digital minilabs. Find out which machine your land uses and see if your land is in a database at the DryCreek web site
(http://drycreekphoto.com/). The Frontier prints at 300 pixels per inch so your pictures should be sized at 1200 by 1800 pixels for a 4 x 6" print. Many Noritsu devices print at 320 pixels per inch and your pictures should be sized accordingly. As someone else pointed out, some machines choke when fed profiles. If your laboratory is in is in a database, you can apply the ICC profile. Tell the lab to print the files without corrections.

I just acquired my first digital camera (Nikon D70) and took a batch of files to my local Costco after following the directions on the DryCreek web site. The pictures turned out beautifully. This Costco (Glenview, IL) had purchased custom profiles from DryCreek, which is an indication that they care of out quality. In addition, Costco charges $.19 per print whereas my local Walgreens charges $.29 per print.

I hope this helps.

Bill Janes

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections