Posted By
Phyllis_Caputo
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi-
I want to buy a photo management program.
What are some recommendations?
Do most of these programs provide a way to easily find photos archived on disks, or is that a feature on a specific program? Or is there some way to save a collection with a database on a disk? I am overwhelmed with where to start.
Thanks in advance-
Phyllis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RB
Ralph_Brannon
Feb 3, 2004
I have had very good luck with the Thumbsplus 6 (cerious software is the company’s name I think) I had ACDC, but it didn’t work on offline CD’s well.

Just my pick, I am sure others will follow.
Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 3, 2004
Phyllis, are you on a PC or a Mac? If a PC, Adobe has a package called Photoshop Album 2.0 which interfaces well with Elements. It had its problems and vocal detractors in its initial version, but it’s a much improved product now. Several of us on the forum use it and find it to be fairly easy to operate. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come in a Mac version.

Chuck
DH
Dale Hammer
Feb 3, 2004
Phyllis,

I am evaluating the program IMatch which handles online and offline files. Looks to be pretty powerful especially in how it handles picture categories. You can get an evaluation copy and look at the tutorial at: www.photools.com

Regards,
Dale Hammer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections