Posted By
drjchamberlain
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear members:

I am currently searching for a simple and effective alternative to develop a plug-in for Photoshop. The plug-in will not be complex in nature and the following is part of what I intend to do with it:

1. Select portion of an image according to the contrast between this portion of the image and the surrounding background or color

2. Have this selected portion divided into segments according to the color or shade. The image would be divided in three, five or any user-defined number of portions by lines separating them and each would be identified by its own color value that can be provided in Lab or any other color system. The placement of the boundary lines will be performed by the software itself and will be determined by the number of segments entered by the user as well as the position of the different shades in the image.

3. These portions of the image will then be referenced according to a look-up table and a proprietary value returned according to the value of the color

4. A surface map will be created over the surface of the selected segment and each will be identified by the predominant color in that specific segment as well as the proprietary value returned from the look-up table.

5. Other features that will allow some degree of image enhancement.

Adobe’s web site describes a developer kit called SDK. I am looking for a simple programming solution since I am not a programmer and have little experiencing with programming. For this reason an object-oriented language would be preferable as it would simplify the job. Any suggestions ?

I would also like to ask for suggestions on textbooks that cover the development of plug-ins or tools for Photoshop. I have looked at Adobe’s Press but haven’t found anything. What textbook would you suggest to cover this subject ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

OR
Owen Ransen
Jun 8, 2005
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 03:34:30 GMT, "Joseph Chamberlain, DDS" wrote:

Adobe’s web site describes a developer kit called SDK. I am looking for a simple programming solution since I am not a programmer and have little experiencing with programming. For this reason an object-oriented language would be preferable as it would simplify the job. Any suggestions ?

As far as I know the new SDK requires you to know C and/or C++.

Certainly the old one, which I use, requires C/C++.

I don’t *think* what you describe could be done with simple "scripting"…
SB
Sally Beacham
Jun 8, 2005
"Joseph Chamberlain, DDS" wrote in message
Dear members:

I am currently searching for a simple and effective alternative to develop
a
plug-in for Photoshop. The plug-in will not be complex in nature and the following is part of what I intend to do with it:

1. Select portion of an image according to the contrast between this
portion
of the image and the surrounding background or color

2. Have this selected portion divided into segments according to the color or shade. The image would be divided in three, five or any user-defined number of portions by lines separating them and each would be identified
by
its own color value that can be provided in Lab or any other color system. The placement of the boundary lines will be performed by the software
itself
and will be determined by the number of segments entered by the user as
well
as the position of the different shades in the image.

3. These portions of the image will then be referenced according to a look-up table and a proprietary value returned according to the value of
the
color

4. A surface map will be created over the surface of the selected segment and each will be identified by the predominant color in that specific segment as well as the proprietary value returned from the look-up table.
5. Other features that will allow some degree of image enhancement.
I would also like to ask for suggestions on textbooks that cover the development of plug-ins or tools for Photoshop. I have looked at Adobe’s Press but haven’t found anything. What textbook would you suggest to cover this subject ?

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Bearing mind that I know as much about programming as I do oral surgery – this may help you – http://www.filtermeister.com/ . There is also a Yahoo groups email list to support Filter Meister, and those folks are very helpful.

Sally Beacham, www.dizteq.com
Corel Training Partner / www.lvsonline.com
http://register.lvsonline.com/index.php?cPath=4
"Paint Shop Pro 8 Zero to Hero" (with Ron Lacey) "Digital Scrapbooking" (with Lori J. Davis)
H
Hecate
Jun 8, 2005
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:37:41 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

Bearing mind that I know as much about programming as I do oral surgery – this may help you – http://www.filtermeister.com/ . There is also a Yahoo groups email list to support Filter Meister, and those folks are very helpful.

Hi Sal, nice to see you around again. Keeping well I hope? 😉

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
SB
Sally Beacham
Jun 9, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:37:41 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

Bearing mind that I know as much about programming as I do oral surgery – this may help you – http://www.filtermeister.com/ . There is also a
Yahoo
groups email list to support Filter Meister, and those folks are very helpful.

Helloooooooooooo….

Oh my, the list of my tasks and objectives is long and possibly mind-numbingly boring to anyone but myself… but my whole house remodel is nearly done, CorelWorld is over and I’m in Las Vegas losing wages. All in all – it’s a pretty good life.

And you?

Sally Beacham, www.dizteq.com
Corel Training Partner / www.lvsonline.com
http://register.lvsonline.com/index.php?cPath=4
"Paint Shop Pro 8 Zero to Hero" (with Ron Lacey) "Digital Scrapbooking" (with Lori J. Davis)
H
Hecate
Jun 9, 2005
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:51:45 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

Helloooooooooooo….

Oh my, the list of my tasks and objectives is long and possibly mind-numbingly boring to anyone but myself… but my whole house remodel is nearly done, CorelWorld is over and I’m in Las Vegas losing wages. All in all – it’s a pretty good life.

And you?

Putting together a brand new web site for my Fine Art prints. Finally getting broadband and junking ISDN. Health is so so, but that’s not unusual and better than bad <g>

Trying to earn enough so I can take a trip to Las Vegas and… 😉

(Seriously – I think everyone should visit LV at least once and go mad <g>).

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections